Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Desktop

[kde-sunset] git live ebuilds

Gentoo desktop RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

serghei at thel

Mar 19, 2012, 8:04 AM

[kde-sunset] git live ebuilds

Hello KDE3 users,

I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet) and I
want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git support in kde3
eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to eclasses?

There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei

--
Serghei

tampakrap at gentoo

Mar 19, 2012, 8:30 AM

Re: [kde-sunset] git live ebuilds [In reply to]

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei [at] thel> wrote:
> Hello KDE3 users,
>
> I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet) and I
> want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git support in kde3
> eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to eclasses?
>
> There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
>
> --
> Serghei

FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay

serghei at thel

Mar 19, 2012, 8:38 AM

Re: [kde-sunset] git live ebuilds [In reply to]

On Monday 19 March 2012 17:30:20 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei [at] thel> wrote:
> > Hello KDE3 users,
> >
> > I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet)
> > and I want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git
> > support in kde3 eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to
> > eclasses?
> >
> > There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
> >
> > --
> > Serghei
>
> FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay

Actually this is the idea. I forked KDE 3.5.10, not kde-sunset. I want to
create live ebuilds for my fork, and to put they to kde-sunset.

--
Serghei

v00d00 at v00d00

Mar 19, 2012, 9:09 AM

Re: [kde-sunset] git live ebuilds [In reply to]

Is there any reason you do not contribute to the existing Trinity project
instead?
On Mar 19, 2012 3:40 PM, "Serghei Amelian" <serghei [at] thel> wrote:

> On Monday 19 March 2012 17:30:20 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei [at] thel>
> wrote:
> > > Hello KDE3 users,
> > >
> > > I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet)
> > > and I want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git
> > > support in kde3 eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to
> > > eclasses?
> > >
> > > There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
> > >
> > > --
> > > Serghei
> >
> > FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay
>
> Actually this is the idea. I forked KDE 3.5.10, not kde-sunset. I want to
> create live ebuilds for my fork, and to put they to kde-sunset.
>
> --
> Serghei

tampakrap at gentoo

Mar 19, 2012, 9:13 AM

Re: [kde-sunset] git live ebuilds [In reply to]

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei [at] thel> wrote:
> On Monday 19 March 2012 17:30:20 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei [at] thel> wrote:
>> > Hello KDE3 users,
>> >
>> > I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet)
>> > and I want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git
>> > support in kde3 eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to
>> > eclasses?
>> >
>> > There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
>> >
>> > --
>> > Serghei
>>
>> FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay
>
> Actually this is the idea. I forked KDE 3.5.10, not kde-sunset. I want to
> create live ebuilds for my fork, and to put they to kde-sunset.
>
> --
> Serghei

OK, to request access to the kde-sunset overlay send me an offlist
email with your public ssh key

serghei at thel

Mar 19, 2012, 9:14 AM

Re: [kde-sunset] git live ebuilds [In reply to]

On Monday 19 March 2012 18:09:05 Ian Whyman wrote:
> Is there any reason you do not contribute to the existing Trinity project
> instead?

Yes, actually i'm still member of Trinity development team. But I do not like
anymore the current dirrection of Trinity (qt4 support, renaming, rebranding,
etc). So I decided to maintain my own fork, based on vanilla KDE3.

[...]

--
Serghei

Gentoo desktop RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded