barcaro at alvaro

unsubscribe

blubb at gentoo

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Luciano Barcaro wrote:

I don't think you want to unsubscribe :P

Send a void mail to gentoo-amd64-unsubscribe#lists.gentoo.org to unsubscribe

rrosales at gmail

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Try gentoo-amd64-unsubscribe [at] gentoo

skalman at skalman

unsubscribe [In reply to]

blubb at gentoo

Jan 31, 2006, 5:16 AM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Iain McKee wrote:
> Please unsubscribe me

please do that yourself and have a look at the mail header of your message:

--
Simon Stelling
Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Co-Lead

ctraylor at phalanyx

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 18:54 -0400, Nuitari wrote:

> > On Thursday 25 May 2006 22:45, Simon Stelling wrote:
> >
> > [blah blah blah etc]
> >
> > Don't you ever get tired of that childish game?
>
> I laugh everytime.

Not only do I laugh everytime, but I actually look forward to the reply
when I see an errant request.

Chris

--
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who
are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. -- Mark Twain

mike at mikearthur

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

On Friday 26 May 2006 01:20, Chris Traylor wrote:
> Not only do I laugh everytime, but I actually look forward to the reply
> when I see an errant request.
>
> Chris
I am exactly the same!

blubb at gentoo

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Richard Fish wrote:
> Any chance you could stick this in your dev space, and just post a
> link to it in the future?

Well, yes, of course I could, but then it wouldn't be fun anymore, would it?

--
Kind Regards,

Simon Stelling
Gentoo/AMD64 Developer

vgivanovic at comcast

Dec 8, 2006, 8:39 PM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Marek Wróbel wrote:
> Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa wrote:
>> How To UnSubscribe
>>
>> First, send me $29.95 + 6.95 shipping for an Unsubscribing Kit.
>> When you receive it, follow these directions.
>>
>> [SNIP]
>
> I had been waiting for it :)
>
> Regards,
> Marek Wróbel

Me too. I lost the original instructions and so I've been compelled to
read all those messages to gentoo-amd64. (When will those people get a
life? ;-)

Thanks.

--- Vladimir

P.S. I heard there was a $10 mail-in rebate (one per household) , but
I've spent hours looking for it on the Web, without ever finding it.
Any leads would be appreciated.

welp at 01welp

Dec 9, 2006, 5:49 AM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Time for me to unsubscribe ^_-

danny at ilievnet

Dec 28, 2006, 3:38 AM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Jüri-Kaur Schultz wrote:
> unsubscribe

Send a mail to gentoo-amd64+help [at] gentoo to find out how to do this.

--
Best regards,
Daniel

blubb at gentoo

Dec 28, 2006, 3:40 AM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Jüri-Kaur Schultz wrote:
> unsubscribe

No.

--
Kind Regards,

Simon Stelling
Gentoo/AMD64 Developer

felix at crowfix

Dec 28, 2006, 8:17 AM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 10:46:25PM -0800, J?ri-Kaur Schultz wrote:
> unsubscribe

Here's how to unsubscribe:

First, ask your Internet Provider to mail you an Unsubscribing Kit.
Then follow these directions.

The kit will most likely be the standard no-fault type. Depending on
requirements, System A and/or System B can be used. When operating
System A, depress lever and a plastic dalkron unsubscriber will be
dispensed through the slot immediately underneath. When you have
fastened the adhesive lip, attach connection marked by the large "X"
outlet hose. Twist the silver-coloured ring one inch below the
connection point until you feel it lock.

The kit is now ready for use. The Cin-Eliminator is activated by the
small switch on the lip. When securing, twist the ring back to its
initial condition, so that the two orange lines meet. Disconnect.
Place the dalkron unsubscriber in the vacuum receptacle to the rear.
Activate by pressing the blue button.

The controls for System B are located on the opposite side. The red
release switch places the Cin-Eliminator into position; it can be
adjusted manually up or down by pressing the blue manual release
button. The opening is self-adjusting. To secure after use, press the
green button, which simultaneously activates the evaporator and
returns the Cin-Eliminator to its storage position.

You may log off if the green exit light is on over the evaporator. If
the red light is illuminated, one of the Cin-Eliminator requirements
has not been properly implemented. Press the "List Guy" call button on
the right of the evaporator. He will secure all facilities from his
control panel.

To use the Auto-Unsub, first undress and place all your clothes in the
clothes rack. Put on the velcro slippers located in the cabinet
immediately below. Enter the shower, taking the entire kit with
you. On the control panel to your upper right upon entering you will
see a "Shower seal" button. Press to activate. A green light will then
be illuminated immediately below. On the intensity knob, select the
desired setting. Now depress the Auto-Unsub activation lever. Bathe
normally.

The Auto-Unsub will automatically go off after three minutes unless
you activate the "Manual off" override switch by flipping it up. When
you are ready to leave, press the blue "Shower seal" release
button. The door will open and you may leave. Please remove the velcro
slippers and place them in their container.

If you prefer the ultrasonic log-off mode, press the indicated blue
button. When the twin panels open, pull forward by rings A & B. The
knob to the left, just below the blue light, has three settings, low,
medium or high. For normal use, the medium setting is suggested.

After these settings have been made, you can activate the device by
switching to the "ON" position the clearly marked red switch. If
during the unsubscribing operation you wish to change the settings,
place the "manual off" override switch in the "OFF" position. You may
now make the change and repeat the cycle. When the green exit light
goes on, you may log off and have lunch. Please close the door behind
you.

Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix [at] crowfix
GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E 6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933

mike_merinov at yahoo

Dec 28, 2006, 9:43 AM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Jüri-Kaur Schultz wrote:
> unsubscribe

#include subscribe.h;
unsubscribe ('gentoo-amd64 [at] lists') or die();

mike.bonar at shaw

Dec 28, 2006, 10:35 AM

RE: unsubscribe [In reply to]

<thick French accent>Be gone! Or we shall taunt you a third time!</thick French accent>

;-)

unsubscribe ('gentoo-amd64 [at] lists') or die();

Jean.Borsenberger at obspm

Jan 12, 2007, 1:59 PM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Yes it seems realy impossible to unsubscribe, none of the methods
works (mail to list+..., mail to postmaster@, mail to abuse@).
The only way seems to destroy the list. Think of it.

Jean Borsenberger
tel: +33 (0)1 45 07 74 69
Observatoire de Paris Meudon
5 place Jules Janssen
92195 Meudon France

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Erik wrote:

> absolutely not.
>

> On 1/11/07, Axel Grötsch <ml [at] omd26> wrote:
>>
>> unsubscribe
>> --

> Erik

dpyke at researchdimensions

Jan 12, 2007, 2:03 PM

RE: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Have you tried setting fire to your computer? That should stop you from
getting the mail.

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Erik wrote:

> absolutely not.
>

> On 1/11/07, Axel Grötsch <ml [at] omd26> wrote:
>>
>> unsubscribe
>> --

> Erik

Jean.Borsenberger at obspm

Jan 12, 2007, 2:13 PM

RE: unsubscribe [In reply to]

installing gentoo-64 and upgrading it is sufficient to put it
down, no use to set fire.

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, David Pyke wrote:

> Have you tried setting fire to your computer? That should stop you from
> getting the mail.

blubb at gentoo

Jan 12, 2007, 2:40 PM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

Jean.Borsenberger [at] obspm wrote:
> installing gentoo-64 and upgrading it is sufficient to put it down,
> no use to set fire.

I love black humor. Jokes aside, reading documentation usually saves a
lot of nerves, both when upgrading and unsubscribing.

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

--
Kind Regards,

Simon Stelling
Gentoo/AMD64 Developer

felix at crowfix

Jan 13, 2007, 12:03 PM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:40:04PM +0200, Simon Stelling wrote:
> Jean.Borsenberger [at] obspm wrote:
> > installing gentoo-64 and upgrading it is sufficient to put it down,
> >no use to set fire.
>
> I love black humor. Jokes aside, reading documentation usually saves a
> lot of nerves, both when upgrading and unsubscribing.

Ah, documentation you want, is it?

[...]

vsworld2k12 at gmail

Jan 14, 2007, 12:33 PM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

roflmao. So the i write the check to I.C. Weiner right?

On 1/13/07, felix [at] crowfix <felix [at] crowfix> wrote:

> [...]
> medium or high. For normal use, the medium setting is suggested.
>
> After these settings have been made, you can activate the device by
> switching to the "ON" position the clearly marked red switch. If
> during the unsubscribing operation you wish to change the settings,
> place the "manual off" override switch in the "OFF" position. You may
> now make the change and repeat the cycle. When the green exit light
> goes on, you may log off and have lunch. Please close the door behind
> you.
>

> --
> ... _._. ._ ._. . _._. ._. ___ .__ ._. . .__. ._ .. ._.
> Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix [at] crowfix
> GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E 6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license
> I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of

mhaney at ercbroadband

Re: UNSUBSCRIBE [In reply to]

NiQoZ wrote:

Doesn't ANYONE read the unsubscribe options anymore?

--
Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator

kmcdona1 at rochester

Re: UNSUBSCRIBE [In reply to]

Did they ever?

- Mac

On Monday 21 May 2007 10:09 am, Mark Haney wrote:
> NiQoZ wrote:
>

> Doesn't ANYONE read the unsubscribe options anymore?
>

> --
> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband

dustin at v

Re: UNSUBSCRIBE [In reply to]

I missed my cue this time, sorry.

The instructions *are* fairly long -- maybe we should build an
eunsubscribe tool, or add a wiki page to explain how to read the
documentation?

---

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 08:39:35PM -0400, me wrote:
> Did they ever?
>
> - Mac
>

> On Monday 21 May 2007 10:09 am, Mark Haney wrote:
> > NiQoZ wrote:
> >

> > Doesn't ANYONE read the unsubscribe options anymore?
> >

> > --
> > Mark Haney
> > Sr. Systems Administrator
> > ERC Broadband

ducasse.isidore at gmail

Re: UNSUBSCRIBE [In reply to]

2007/5/22, Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin [at] v>:

> I missed my cue this time, sorry.
>
> The instructions *are* fairly long -- maybe we should build an
> eunsubscribe tool, or add a wiki page to explain how to read the
> documentation?

The "eunsubscribe" tool idea seems funny _ quite gentooish. The wiki
documentation howto isn't a bad idea in my opinion, seriously.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded