Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: AMD64

libpng link depend problem

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

me at junc

Aug 8, 2012, 4:05 AM

libpng link depend problem

openjpeg and php links runtime to libpng, why when there is no png use
flag ?

upstream bug ?

emerge -pv --depclean libpng shows here currently openjpeg and php

is it not possible to get rid of png ?

--
Benny Pedersen

lists at binarywings

Aug 8, 2012, 6:29 AM

Re: libpng link depend problem [In reply to]

Am 08.08.2012 13:05, schrieb Benny Pedersen:

> openjpeg and php links runtime to libpng, why when there is no png use
> flag ?
>
> upstream bug ?
>
> emerge -pv --depclean libpng shows here currently openjpeg and php
>
> is it not possible to get rid of png ?

For PHP, look at the ebuild, especially its DEPEND variable. It depends
on libpng if cjk, exif, truetype, xpm or gd are activated.

For openjpeg, the answer seems to be "No" as the dependency is
unconditional. There doesn't seem to be a flag in upstream's build
system, either.
http://code.google.com/p/openjpeg/wiki/Installation

Regards,
Florian Philipp
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

me at junc

Aug 8, 2012, 9:03 AM

Re: libpng link depend problem [In reply to]

Den 2012-08-08 15:29, Florian Philipp skrev:

> For PHP, look at the ebuild, especially its DEPEND variable. It
> depends
> on libpng if cjk, exif, truetype, xpm or gd are activated.

super this resolved it for php

> For openjpeg, the answer seems to be "No" as the dependency is
> unconditional. There doesn't seem to be a flag in upstream's build
> system, either.
> http://code.google.com/p/openjpeg/wiki/Installation

i had mupdf depends on this one

and netpbm was linked to libpng without ebuild dependice, discovered
this when there was no depends on libpng and tryed revdep-rebulding

so i will make a bug for netpbm

volkerarmin at googlemail

Aug 8, 2012, 9:25 AM

Re: libpng link depend problem [In reply to]

Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2012, 13:05:36 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
> openjpeg and php links runtime to libpng, why when there is no png use
> flag ?
>
> upstream bug ?
>
> emerge -pv --depclean libpng shows here currently openjpeg and php
>
> is it not possible to get rid of png ?

if something depends on something hard (ie: no choice, must have, blabla)
there is no useflag.

Which means: there is probably no bug.

--
#163933

me at junc

Aug 8, 2012, 9:37 AM

Re: libpng link depend problem [In reply to]

Den 2012-08-08 18:25, Volker Armin Hemmann skrev:

> Which means: there is probably no bug.

it could not possible be fixed ? :=)

there was one bug here, netpbm

all the rest was just useflags

volkerarmin at googlemail

Aug 8, 2012, 9:50 AM

Re: libpng link depend problem [In reply to]

Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2012, 18:37:52 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
> Den 2012-08-08 18:25, Volker Armin Hemmann skrev:
> > Which means: there is probably no bug.
>
> it could not possible be fixed ? :=)
>
> there was one bug here, netpbm
>
> all the rest was just useflags

i am not sure what you are talking about, since there is a useflag for png in
netpbm.

--
#163933

me at junc

Aug 8, 2012, 12:30 PM

Re: libpng link depend problem [In reply to]

Den 2012-08-08 18:50, Volker Armin Hemmann skrev:

> i am not sure what you are talking about, since there is a useflag
> for png in netpbm.

wish i had checked before remerge that my local netpbm missed depend,
but its resolved here now

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded