Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: AMD64

eix-test-obsolete

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

thanasis at asyr

Jun 30, 2011, 2:10 AM

eix-test-obsolete

When I run eix-test-obsolete it reports a strange package:

The following installed packages are not in the database:

sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
--

But there is no package by the name sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources.
Where does this come from?

thanasis at asyr

Jun 30, 2011, 2:44 AM

Re: eix-test-obsolete [In reply to]

on 06/30/2011 12:10 PM Thanasis wrote the following:
> When I run eix-test-obsolete it reports a strange package:

> The following installed packages are not in the database:
>
> sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
> sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
> --
>

> But there is no package by the name sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources.
> Where does this come from?

It must be some kind of transient emerge side effect, but it happens no
matter if at that time something gets merged or not.

pva at gentoo

Jun 30, 2011, 3:00 AM

Re: eix-test-obsolete [In reply to]

В Чтв, 30/06/2011 в 12:44 +0300, Thanasis пишет:
> on 06/30/2011 12:10 PM Thanasis wrote the following:
> > When I run eix-test-obsolete it reports a strange package:

> > The following installed packages are not in the database:
> >
> > sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
> > sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
> > --
> >

> > But there is no package by the name sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources.
> > Where does this come from?

It's very possible that you've interrupted package manager during merge
phase.

> It must be some kind of transient emerge side effect, but it happens no
> matter if at that time something gets merged or not.

Check /var/db/pkg/sys-kernel I guess it has -MERGING-gentoo-sources
directory. Probably it's safe to remove it.

--
Peter.

jlec at gentoo

Jun 30, 2011, 7:49 AM

Re: eix-test-obsolete [In reply to]

On 6/30/11 12:00 PM, Peter Volkov wrote:
> В Чтв, 30/06/2011 в 12:44 +0300, Thanasis пишет:
>> on 06/30/2011 12:10 PM Thanasis wrote the following:
>>> When I run eix-test-obsolete it reports a strange package:

>>> The following installed packages are not in the database:
>>>
>>> sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
>>> sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources
>>> --
>>>

>>> But there is no package by the name sys-kernel/-MERGING-gentoo-sources.
>>> Where does this come from?
>
> It's very possible that you've interrupted package manager during merge
> phase.

Is there a tool provided to clean this? If not, its probably something
for emaint.

What is the actual effect for the system? Occasionally I found these
folder on my system as well, but I could never relate a problem to it.

justin
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

pva at gentoo

Jul 1, 2011, 4:25 AM

Re: eix-test-obsolete [In reply to]

В Чтв, 30/06/2011 в 16:49 +0200, justin пишет:
> On 6/30/11 12:00 PM, Peter Volkov wrote:
> > В Чтв, 30/06/2011 в 12:44 +0300, Thanasis пишет:

> > It's very possible that you've interrupted package manager during merge
> > phase.
>
> Is there a tool provided to clean this? If not, its probably something
> for emaint.

Could you open bug report, please?

> What is the actual effect for the system?

System have files that are not under control of the package manager.

--
Peter.

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded