Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: AMD64

Re: How well does your dual-head window manager handle games?

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

1i5t5.duncan at cox

Feb 2, 2010, 2:36 PM

Re: How well does your dual-head window manager handle games?

Sebastian Be├čler posted on Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:42:48 +0100 as excerpted:

> Am Dienstag 02 Februar 2010 21:19:38 schrieb Duncan:
>> (the now badly misnamed system settings, with settings that control not
>> the system, but kde, so the name is not only so generic it's useless,
>> it fails to describe the functionality as well!).
>
> As far as I know system settings is supposed to become a tool that
> really can control the system and not only kde. There were postings on
> kde planet for that topic several times if I recall right.

Hmm... controlling emerges, or for that matter, openrc based initscripts,
from kcontrol... Or maybe it'll get the smarts to update my kernel git
repo, do a make oldconfig, build the kernel, mount /boot, and install
it... I'm... skeptical.

OTOH, integrating kuser and kcron might be doable. AFAIK they've done a
bit of that already.

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded