Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: AMD64

Tellico stopped working

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

gentoo at appjaws

Oct 23, 2009, 2:59 AM

Tellico stopped working

Hi all,
I have been using tellico for a few years now to hold details of my dvd
collection.
Today version 1.2.14 would not start, it just flashed on and off on screen.
Revdep-rebuild did not report any problems.
So I decided to unmask tellico 2.0 and install it but it failed with file
collisions.
It looks as if the collisions are with version 1.2.14, no help on how to
resolve this is given in the logs etc.
I suppose the correct way would be to uninstall version 1.2.14 first and the
install version 2.0, however this is my question:-
If I uninstall version 1.2.14 and install version 2.0 will it pickup my
existing database automatically?
Would my database survive the uninstall?
What do I need to do so that all my records are not lost and can be used with
the new version?

Please help, it would be a disaster if I lost all data.
thanks
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux

gentoo at appjaws

Oct 23, 2009, 4:27 AM

Re: Tellico stopped working [In reply to]

> Please help, it would be a disaster if I lost all data.
Sorry to reply to my own post. I have resolved the problem. I removed the old
version and then installed version 2.0. I backed up my data just in case but
the new version found the data no problem.
paul

--
This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux

hparker at gentoo

Oct 23, 2009, 3:01 PM

Re: Tellico stopped working [In reply to]

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 12:27 +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own post. I have resolved the problem. I
> removed the old
> version and then installed version 2.0. I backed up my data just in
> case but
> the new version found the data no problem.

FEATURES="-collision-protect" emerge -avu foo

Just make sure the files it wants to overwrite belong to the old
version and not some other app.

--
Homer Parker <hparker [at] gentoo>

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded