Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: AMD64

kde 4.2.1 bug in kscreensaver? SOLVED

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mhaney at ercbroadband

Mar 13, 2009, 3:31 PM

kde 4.2.1 bug in kscreensaver? SOLVED

Now that I have xorg-server worked out (and it's really stable too) I'm
upgrading to KDE4.2.1. I just tried to upgrade kdeartwork-kscreensaver
and I got this:

[ 18%] Building CXX object
kscreensaver/kdesavers/CMakeFiles/kflux.kss.dir/Flux.o

Linking CXX executable keuphoria.kss

/usr/lib64/qt4/libQtOpenGL.so: undefined reference to
`QFontEngine::getGlyphPositions(QGlyphLayout const*, int, QTransform

Well that was easy enough. Turns out the problem was with Qt. It seems
when I updated to 4.5.0 qt-opengl did not get updated. I don't know if
that was my fault or if emerge missed it. I suspect it was an ID10T error.

Regardless, upgrading qt-opengl to 4.5.0 has fixed that error.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

1i5t5.duncan at cox

Mar 14, 2009, 1:39 PM

Re: kde 4.2.1 bug in kscreensaver? SOLVED [In reply to]

"Mark Haney" <mhaney [at] ercbroadband> posted
49BADEDD.9040708 [at] ercbroadband, excerpted below, on Fri, 13 Mar 2009
18:31:57 -0400:

> I suspect it was an ID10T error.

Hmm... I'm used to seeing that referred to as a PEBCAK (alternatively
PEBKAC) issue. Interesting how the same idea in both problem and
description of it produced two rather different labels.

Regardless, glad it's fixed! =:^)

Gentoo amd64 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded