Mailing List Archive: Gentoo: Alpha

Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails

Gentoo alpha RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mattst88 at gmail

Sep 12, 2010, 5:39 PM

Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails

Hi,
I've got two DS10Ls sitting at OSUOSL [1] idle because they won't rack
them without rails.

They're going to be set up to help with Alpha development things. I'd
be great to get some rails if someone has any.

Let me know if you've got some.

Thanks,
Matt

[1] http://osuosl.org/

mattst88 at gmail

Sep 12, 2010, 7:08 PM

Re: Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails [In reply to]

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Tom Linden <tom [at] kednos> wrote:
> Try Puget Sound Data Systems

Thanks for the email. I guess these are the same people selling Alpha
CPUs for $650 on eBay [1]?

I'm more looking more for donations, rather than paying more for a set
of rails than I could get a whole other DS10L. Is it worth me emailing
them?

Matt

[1] http://cgi.ebay.com/UP2000-API-UP2000-667-MHz-/350245437728

mattst88 at gmail

Sep 12, 2010, 8:47 PM

Re: Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails [In reply to]

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Carl Lowenstein
<carl.lowenstein [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've got two DS10Ls sitting at OSUOSL [1] idle because they won't rack
>> them without rails.
>>
>> They're going to be set up to help with Alpha development things. I'd
>> be great to get some rails if someone has any.
>
> Are DS10L rails distinctly different from generic rails for arbitrary
> 1U computers?

According to one DS10L owner I asked, yes. But I'd be thrilled to find
out otherwise.

Thanks,
Matt

mattst88 at gmail

Sep 21, 2010, 1:11 PM

Re: Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails [In reply to]

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88 [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Tom Linden <tom [at] kednos> wrote:
>> Try Puget Sound Data Systems
>
> Thanks for the email. I guess these are the same people selling Alpha
> CPUs for $650 on eBay [1]?
>
> I'm more looking more for donations, rather than paying more for a set
> of rails than I could get a whole other DS10L. Is it worth me emailing
> them?
>
> Matt
>
> [1] http://cgi.ebay.com/UP2000-API-UP2000-667-MHz-/350245437728

$195 for a pair of rails. :(

As I thought...

Gentoo alpha RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded