Mailing List Archive: Full Disclosure: Full-Disclosure

Entropy distribution to virtual machines

Full Disclosure full-disclosure RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

coderman at gmail

Jun 25, 2012, 12:03 PM

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM, BMF <badmotherfsckr [at] gmail> wrote:
> I have a server with one of these in it:
>
> http://www.entropykey.co.uk/
>
> although I still need to find a reasonably secure way to share the
> entropy with all of my VMs where it is really needed.

check out http://www.vanheusden.com/entropybroker/ or virtio-rng.
i haven't used either; does anyone have positive experiences?

for now, roll my own: pass entropy into guest kernel command line
which is mixed into guest pool during init, then entropy distribution
from host to guest egd's via tcp once networking is up.