Mailing List Archive: Full Disclosure: Full-Disclosure

Re: Backdoor within popular security software.

Full Disclosure full-disclosure RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

aserfgjgmdf at gmail

Re: Backdoor within popular security software.

Hello,
I have found a backdoor in a popular piece of security software which works
in a way similar to a rootkit, allowing a remote attacker to access the
system fully.
I first attempted to contact the company/person to see if they knew anything
about it, to find whether it was intentional or a hacker had accessed there
code. However I have still not heard back from the company/person in
question after 2 weeks of sending the email.
I am not out to damage the reputation of this company or person which is why
I am being vague about details; however if the software is not updated
within a week, with the backdoor removed, I will post here the name of the
company or person with the accompanying code proving this backdoor.
I will not be responding to comments regarding this issue.

--I wish to remain anonymous, and this email account is not the email
account I normally use to post to mailing lists.

openphugu at gmail

Re: Backdoor within popular security software. [In reply to]

On 4/8/07, Anonymous User <aserfgjgmdf [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have found a backdoor in a popular piece of security software which works
> in a way similar to a rootkit, allowing a remote attacker to access the
> system fully.
> I first attempted to contact the company/person to see if they knew anything
> about it, to find whether it was intentional or a hacker had accessed there
> code. However I have still not heard back from the company/person in
> question after 2 weeks of sending the email.
lalala, proof or it never happened