Mailing List Archive: Forrest: User

how-to contribute

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

johannes.schaefer at uidesign

Sep 14, 2004, 8:25 AM

how-to contribute

Hi!

We created some stuff that we would like to
contribute ... what is the best way to do this?

Examples:
- Index Creation, see FOR-280
- PDF-Titlepage, see FOR-275
- PDF-List of Tables/Figures (no FOR yet)
- ...

Forrest's great, thanks folks!

Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

thorsten at apache

Sep 14, 2004, 12:53 PM

Re: how-to contribute [In reply to]

Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We created some stuff that we would like to
> contribute ... what is the best way to do this?

http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=dev [at] forrest&msgNo=13100
A small howto.

http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
in more detail.

HTH
thorsten

> Examples:
> - Index Creation, see FOR-280
> - PDF-Titlepage, see FOR-275
> - PDF-List of Tables/Figures (no FOR yet)
> - ...
>
> Forrest's great, thanks folks!
>
> Johannes

crossley at apache

Sep 14, 2004, 3:31 PM

Re: how-to contribute [In reply to]

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> > We created some stuff that we would like to
> > contribute ... what is the best way to do this?
>
> http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=dev [at] forrest&msgNo=13100
> A small howto.

No. Following that we discussed that 'build patch'
is not suitable because it adds lots of complications.

> http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
> in more detail.

This latter document is out-of-date, so read with care.

Simply use 'svn diff > mypatch.txt' and add to the
issue tracker. For people that do not use the
development version, do something like this ...
'diff -u foo.xml.orig foo.xml > mypatch.txt'
and tell us which version of Forrest you do use.

> > Examples:
> > - Index Creation, see FOR-280
> > - PDF-Titlepage, see FOR-275
> > - PDF-List of Tables/Figures (no FOR yet)
> > - ...
> >
> > Forrest's great, thanks folks!

That is the best thing to do. Add your contributions
to the issue tracker.

Remember that we are desperately trying to release
the 0.6 version of Forrest. So for all committers,
our spare time is going into fixing the critical
issues. In general, other stuff will need to wait.
So please be patient.

--
David Crossley

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded