Mailing List Archive: Forrest: User

Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version)

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

frederic.deniger at wanadoo

Sep 8, 2004, 2:06 AM

Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version)

Hi,
I've just updated forrest thanks to subervsion. I build it without
problem (I've followed the document build.html).
Then I type in a new directory:
forrest seed -> ok
forrest -d -logfile error.log -> java exception

The files 'error.log' and 'forrest.properties' are attached with this
mail.

System: windows XP
Java version 1.4.2_05
I'm working behind a proxy server

I tried to apply the instructions given by the file 'skinconf.xml':
I have unabled the validation thanks to the file 'forrest.properties'.

Regards,
Fred
Attachments: error.log (115 KB)
  forrest.properties (4.02 KB)

thorsten at grupocartuja

Sep 8, 2004, 3:15 AM

Re: Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version) [In reply to]

Frédéric DENIGER wrote:

>Hi,
>I've just updated forrest thanks to subervsion. I build it without
>problem (I've followed the document build.html).
>Then I type in a new directory:
>forrest seed -> ok

Just a question:
Did you not edit anything before the next command?

I had a look at your forrest.properties and found:
forrest.validate.skinconf=false

Set that to true and have a look whether you got another error!

HTH
thorsten

>forrest -d -logfile error.log -> java exception
>
>The files 'error.log' and 'forrest.properties' are attached with this
>mail.
>
>System: windows XP
>Java version 1.4.2_05
>I'm working behind a proxy server
>
>I tried to apply the instructions given by the file 'skinconf.xml':
>I have unabled the validation thanks to the file 'forrest.properties'.
>

>Regards,
>Fred

frederic.deniger at wanadoo

Sep 8, 2004, 3:52 AM

Re: Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version) [In reply to]

thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Frédéric DENIGER wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've just updated forrest thanks to subervsion. I build it without
>> problem (I've followed the document build.html).
>> Then I type in a new directory:
>> forrest seed -> ok
>>

> Just a question:
> Did you not edit anything before the next command?
>
> I had a look at your forrest.properties and found:
> forrest.validate.skinconf=false
>
> Set that to true and have a look whether you got another error!

I edited the forrest.properties and set the "forrest.validate.skinconf" to false as it is explained in the "skinconf.xml" file : I am behind a proxy server and java can reach the web through the proxy.

Actually, I've made several attempts without success:
First attempt : I typed 'forrest seed' and then 'forrest'
2 : I follow the instructions given by skinconf.xml : no validation
3 : I specify the proxy url and the proxy port in java system properties (-DproxyHost=....)

Note: the svn revision is 43531

> HTH
> thorsten
>
>> forrest -d -logfile error.log -> java exception
>>
>> The files 'error.log' and 'forrest.properties' are attached with this
>> mail.
>>
>> System: windows XP
>> Java version 1.4.2_05
>> I'm working behind a proxy server
>>
>> I tried to apply the instructions given by the file 'skinconf.xml':
>> I have unabled the validation thanks to the file 'forrest.properties'.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Fred

thorsten at apache

Sep 8, 2004, 6:06 AM

Re: Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version) [In reply to]

Bummer, dude ;-)

I just tryed and is working fine for me!

Please, hang with me:
do the following:
1) update again your dist
2) create a /forrest seed/ somewhere like (c:\test) and not c:\my
documents\test -> maybe it is the whitespace (should not matter, but
then we know).
3) do not change *anything* and /forrest/
4) if you got an error please mail the message
5) change the forrest.properties like you have done before
6) see 4)

Hopefully I will then be able to see something fishy!

HTH
thorsten

frederic.deniger at wanadoo

Sep 8, 2004, 6:15 AM

Re: Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version) [In reply to]

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Bummer, dude ;-)
>
> I just tryed and is working fine for me!
>
> Please, hang with me:
> do the following:
> 1) update again your dist
> 2) create a /forrest seed/ somewhere like (c:\test) and not c:\my documents\test -> maybe it is the whitespace (should not matter, but then we know).

That's it.
I created a /forrest seed/ in 'C:\test' and everything is ok. Then I tried to create a project in a folder with whitespace -> an exception occured
Thanks a lot for this help :-))

> 3) do not change *anything* and /forrest/
> 4) if you got an error please mail the message
> 5) change the forrest.properties like you have done before
> 6) see 4)
>
> Hopefully I will then be able to see something fishy!
>
> HTH
> thorsten

thorsten at apache

Sep 8, 2004, 6:54 AM

Re: Beginner : Java exception with the last forrest dev version (svn version) [In reply to]

Frédéric DENIGER wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>Bummer, dude ;-)
>>
>>I just tryed and is working fine for me!
>>
>>Please, hang with me:
>>do the following:
>>1) update again your dist
>>2) create a /forrest seed/ somewhere like (c:\test) and not c:\my documents\test -> maybe it is the whitespace (should not matter, but then we know).
>

> That's it.
> I created a /forrest seed/ in 'C:\test' and everything is ok. Then I tried to create a project in a folder with whitespace -> an exception occured
> Thanks a lot for this help :-))

To you!

You catched a bug :)
http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-286

Thanks for the report and your patience!

king regards
thorsten

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded