Mailing List Archive: Forrest: User

about internationalization

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jmcferreira at critical-links

Jul 29, 2009, 10:51 AM

about internationalization

Hello all,

is i18n supported in any form by Forrest ? could anyone point me to some
docs or best practices on Internationalizing a document written with
Forrest ?

at my company we are on the verge on starting translating our documents
and I'dd like to get my hands on the biggest issues and understand
exactlly how Forrest would help us on this...

I'm realy a beginner in this issue, but I need to get into this matter
to understandf just how we will do this... it seems a big and complex
task.

THX for any pointers.

Joao

williamstw at gmail

Jul 30, 2009, 3:14 AM

Re: about internationalization [In reply to]

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Joao
Ferreira<jmcferreira [at] critical-links> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> is i18n supported in any form by Forrest ? could anyone point me to some
> docs or best practices on Internationalizing a document written with
> Forrest ?
>
> at my company we are on the verge on starting translating our documents
> and I'dd like to get my hands on the biggest issues and understand
> exactlly how Forrest would help us on this...
>
> I'm realy a beginner in this issue, but I need to get into this matter
> to understandf just how we will do this... it seems a big and complex
> task.
>
> THX for any pointers.

Have you tried playing around with the sample[1]? It might give you a
good idea of how things work..

I also found this issue[2] that led to that page's creation. I'm not
sure why it was decided to put it only as a sample and not with the
real docs. We should probably change that.

--tim

[1] - http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/forrest-seed/samples-c/i18n.html
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-707

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded