Mailing List Archive: Forrest: User

Xinclude in xdoc document

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

carlos.tejo at fundacionctic

Feb 11, 2008, 4:27 AM

Xinclude in xdoc document

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to add an <xi:include> element (from xInclude specification of W3C) in an xdoc document. Is there any example available ?

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
Departamento de I+D+I - Fundación CTIC
Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón, Asturias (Spain)
www.fundacionctic.org

rgardler at apache

Feb 12, 2008, 2:41 AM

Re: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to add an <xi:include> element (from
> xInclude specification of W3C) in an xdoc document. Is there any
> example available ?

Yes, doing a search of the Forrest website by typing "xinclude" into the
searchbox will show you examples of where it is handled in the sitemap.

Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree for examples
of xinclude in XDocs.

You can find further guidance in the mail lists (searchable archives are
linked from our mail list page)

If you have problems getting it working just mail here with code
snippets and a description of the behaviour.

Once you've got it working we would really appreciate a FAQ entry for
subsequent users. Just drop it into our issue tracker.

Ross

carlos.tejo at fundacionctic

Feb 12, 2008, 3:48 AM

RE: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Hello Ross,

> Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree
> for examples
> of xinclude in XDocs.

I have made that search, but I haven't found an example of xinclude in an xdoc. Could you show us an example ?

> Once you've got it working we would really appreciate a FAQ entry for
> subsequent users. Just drop it into our issue tracker.

Be sure ;-)

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
Departamento de I+D+I - Fundación CTIC
Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón, Asturias (Spain)
www.fundacionctic.org

rgardler at apache

Feb 12, 2008, 4:19 AM

Re: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello Ross,
>
>> Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree
>> for examples
>> of xinclude in XDocs.
>
> I have made that search, but I haven't found an example of xinclude in an xdoc. Could you show us an example ?

Well, what do you know, we have no example in our XDocs - amazing.

You can see examples in the Cocoon XInclude transformer docs at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xinclude-transformer.html

>> Once you've got it working we would really appreciate a FAQ entry for
>> subsequent users. Just drop it into our issue tracker.
>
> Be sure ;-)

Excellent. Since there are no examples it would be worth adding such an
example to our sample.xml doc as well - thanks

Ross

crossley at apache

Feb 12, 2008, 10:27 AM

Re: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> >Hello Ross,
> >
> >>Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree
> >>for examples
> >>of xinclude in XDocs.
> >
> >I have made that search, but I haven't found an example of xinclude in an
> >xdoc. Could you show us an example ?
>
> Well, what do you know, we have no example in our XDocs - amazing.
>
> You can see examples in the Cocoon XInclude transformer docs at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xinclude-transformer.html

There were some very useful discussions in our mailing lists
recently. Try this with Google:
site:apache.org forrest xinclude 2007

-David

> >>Once you've got it working we would really appreciate a FAQ entry for
> >>subsequent users. Just drop it into our issue tracker.
> >
> >Be sure ;-)
>
> Excellent. Since there are no examples it would be worth adding such an
> example to our sample.xml doc as well - thanks
>
> Ross

carlos.tejo at fundacionctic

Jul 16, 2008, 6:45 AM

RE: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Hello,

> >> Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree
> >> Once you've got it working we would really appreciate a
> FAQ entry for
> >> subsequent users. Just drop it into our issue tracker.
> >
> > Be sure ;-)
>
> Excellent. Since there are no examples it would be worth
> adding such an
> example to our sample.xml doc as well - thanks

I have done an example of use of xinclude. I don't know if I have to
create a new issue in the bugtrack or it can go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-814 .

Any idea?

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
R&D Deparment - CTIC Foundation [Asturias, Spain]
www.fundacionctic.org

rgardler at apache

Jul 16, 2008, 1:33 PM

Re: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,

>> FAQ entry for
>>> Be sure ;-)
>> Excellent. Since there are no examples it would be worth
>> adding such an
>> example to our sample.xml doc as well - thanks
>
> I have done an example of use of xinclude. I don't know if I have to
> create a new issue in the bugtrack or it can go to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-814 .
>
> Any idea?

Adding to that issure looks ideal, thanks in advance.

Ross

carlos.tejo at fundacionctic

Jul 16, 2008, 11:03 PM

RE: Xinclude in xdoc document [In reply to]

Hi,

> > I have done an example of use of xinclude. I don't know if I have to
> > create a new issue in the bugtrack or it can go to
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-814 .
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Adding to that issure looks ideal, thanks in advance.

Done.