Mailing List Archive: Forrest: User

Does Forrest 0.7 compatible with java 1.6

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wangxiao at musc

Mar 12, 2007, 12:49 PM

Does Forrest 0.7 compatible with java 1.6

hi,

I recently received an error message,

validate-sitemap:
C:\devtools\apache-forrest-0.7\main\webapp\resources\schema\relaxng\sitemap-v06.
rng:72:31: error: datatype library
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized

I also tried to reinstall forrest 0.7 and reseed a new project but get
the similar message as well. My site was previously built successfully
without any problem. The only change I made is the new Java 1.6. So, I
wonder if this is the problem? If so, how to correct it? Or I have to
use Java 1.5 or under instead?

Regards,

Xiaoshu

rgardler at apache

Mar 13, 2007, 1:16 PM

Re: Does Forrest 0.7 compatible with java 1.6 [In reply to]

Xiaoshu Wang wrote:
> hi,
>
> I recently received an error message,
>
> validate-sitemap:
> C:\devtools\apache-forrest-0.7\main\webapp\resources\schema\relaxng\sitemap-v06.
>
> rng:72:31: error: datatype library
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized
>
> I also tried to reinstall forrest 0.7 and reseed a new project but get
> the similar message as well. My site was previously built successfully
> without any problem. The only change I made is the new Java 1.6. So, I
> wonder if this is the problem? If so, how to correct it? Or I have to
> use Java 1.5 or under instead?

0.7 was only tested against 1.4 when it was released. We have no formal
testing of it under later Java releases, although I am led to believe it
works on 1.5. Since your issue does not occur in 1.4 I'd guess you hunch
is correct and the problem is that you are using 1.6

Ross

Forrest user RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded