Mailing List Archive: Forrest: Dev

bootstrap

Forrest dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

williamstw at gmail

Mar 21, 2012, 7:08 PM

bootstrap

I've been playing with bootstrap[0] lately, I'm thinking it could
freshen up our heavy look. Is anyone interested in helping? Or
perhaps a part of a rewrite? I've used it for the barcamp site[1] -
it naturally scales to different devices as well.

Thanks,
--tim

[0] - http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
[1] - http://events.apache.org/event/2012/barcamp-dc/

scherler at gmail

Mar 22, 2012, 5:03 AM

Re: bootstrap [In reply to]

On 03/22/2012 03:08 AM, Tim Williams wrote:
> I've been playing with bootstrap[0] lately, I'm thinking it could
> freshen up our heavy look. Is anyone interested in helping? Or
> perhaps a part of a rewrite? I've used it for the barcamp site[1] -
> it naturally scales to different devices as well.
>
> Thanks,
> --tim
>
> [0] - http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
> [1] - http://events.apache.org/event/2012/barcamp-dc/

Yeah looks nice, further it seems to be usable as well as base for
Cordova [2]. I am interested but I am not sure how much time I could
offer you fordoing a rewrite.

I am as well looking into migrating the dispatcher to c3 but sadly my
day is packed with client projects.

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/callback/

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/

crossley at apache

Mar 22, 2012, 9:06 PM

Re: bootstrap [In reply to]

Tim Williams wrote:
> I've been playing with bootstrap[0] lately, I'm thinking it could
> freshen up our heavy look. Is anyone interested in helping? Or
> perhaps a part of a rewrite?

Great. I was wondering that too.
I have little time, but will help where possible.

Does that mean just creating another skin, as another alternative
to the current default "pelt" skin? So just utilising our current
skins framework. Also adding a similar theme using the Dispatcher.

-David

> I've used it for the barcamp site[1] -
> it naturally scales to different devices as well.
>
> Thanks,
> --tim
>
> [0] - http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
> [1] - http://events.apache.org/event/2012/barcamp-dc/

sjurnm at mac

Mar 23, 2012, 6:02 AM

Re: bootstrap [In reply to]

Den 22. mar. 2012 kl. 14.03 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

> On 03/22/2012 03:08 AM, Tim Williams wrote:
>> I've been playing with bootstrap[0] lately, I'm thinking it could
>> freshen up our heavy look.

:)

Bootstrap looks nice, and I like the usage of LESS.

>> Is anyone interested in helping? Or
>> perhaps a part of a rewrite? I've used it for the barcamp site[1] -
>> it naturally scales to different devices as well.

Device scaling would be both nice and a natural requirement for forrest sites these days.

>> Thanks,
>> --tim
>>
>> [0] - http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
>> [1] - http://events.apache.org/event/2012/barcamp-dc/
>
> Yeah looks nice, further it seems to be usable as well as base for Cordova [2]. I am interested but I am not sure how much time I could offer you fordoing a rewrite.

My situation is the same as for Thorsten and David - I don't have much time to put into it. But i will try to help.

Sjur