Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Forrest: Dev

Upgrading Batik

 

 

Forrest dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


bdube at apache

Jan 7, 2011, 7:30 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1036 views)
Permalink
Upgrading Batik

The Jing discussion reminded me of upgrading Batik. We currently
package batik-all-1.6.jar. Batik 1.7 does not ship an -all jar. Did
Cocoon or Forrest build a custom jar out of the modules that Batik
ships?

-Brian


crossley at apache

Jan 7, 2011, 5:44 PM

Post #2 of 4 (976 views)
Permalink
Re: Upgrading Batik [In reply to]

Brian M Dube wrote:
> The Jing discussion reminded me of upgrading Batik. We currently
> package batik-all-1.6.jar. Batik 1.7 does not ship an -all jar. Did
> Cocoon or Forrest build a custom jar out of the modules that Batik
> ships?

Forrest would have obtained that as-is from Cocoon
at the time of an etc/cocoon_upgrade process.

The svn log over in the Cocoon branch shows that it was
Antonio (2005-05-23) who commited it there. This gave me some
search clues and so found this around our 0.6 release:

http://s.apache.org/qx8
Subject: Re: REsizing batik to a minimum for us.
Date: May 27, 2004

-David


bdube at apache

Jan 9, 2011, 10:26 PM

Post #3 of 4 (973 views)
Permalink
Re: Upgrading Batik [In reply to]

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 12:44:13PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Brian M Dube wrote:
> > The Jing discussion reminded me of upgrading Batik. We currently
> > package batik-all-1.6.jar. Batik 1.7 does not ship an -all jar. Did
> > Cocoon or Forrest build a custom jar out of the modules that Batik
> > ships?
>
> Forrest would have obtained that as-is from Cocoon
> at the time of an etc/cocoon_upgrade process.
>
> The svn log over in the Cocoon branch shows that it was
> Antonio (2005-05-23) who commited it there. This gave me some
> search clues and so found this around our 0.6 release:
>
> http://s.apache.org/qx8
> Subject: Re: REsizing batik to a minimum for us.
> Date: May 27, 2004
>
> -David

I see. Thanks.

Creating a batik-all-1.7.jar and copying it to forrest/lib/core in
place of 1.6 causes problems which I'm having trouble diagnosing. I've
also tried rebuilding the cocoon-batik-block against Batik 1.7, and it
didn't help.

I'll try a few more things, but this update may not make it into the
release. Help is welcome.

-Brian


crossley at apache

Oct 18, 2013, 12:22 AM

Post #4 of 4 (574 views)
Permalink
Re: Upgrading Batik [In reply to]

Brian M Dube wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 12:44:13PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> > Brian M Dube wrote:
> > > The Jing discussion reminded me of upgrading Batik. We currently
> > > package batik-all-1.6.jar. Batik 1.7 does not ship an -all jar. Did
> > > Cocoon or Forrest build a custom jar out of the modules that Batik
> > > ships?
> >
> > Forrest would have obtained that as-is from Cocoon
> > at the time of an etc/cocoon_upgrade process.
> >
> > The svn log over in the Cocoon branch shows that it was
> > Antonio (2005-05-23) who commited it there. This gave me some
> > search clues and so found this around our 0.6 release:
> >
> > http://s.apache.org/qx8
> > Subject: Re: REsizing batik to a minimum for us.
> > Date: May 27, 2004
> >
> > -David
>
> I see. Thanks.
>
> Creating a batik-all-1.7.jar and copying it to forrest/lib/core in
> place of 1.6 causes problems which I'm having trouble diagnosing. I've
> also tried rebuilding the cocoon-batik-block against Batik 1.7, and it
> didn't help.
>
> I'll try a few more things, but this update may not make it into the
> release. Help is welcome.

See issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1221
and our packaged Batik was upgraded as part of upgrading our Cocoon
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1240

-David

Forrest dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.