Mailing List Archive: exim: users

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS updates: missed anyone?

pdp at exim

Jun 1, 2012, 4:56 AM

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS updates: missed anyone?

wbh at conducive

Jun 1, 2012, 5:05 AM

Re: ACKNOWLEDGMENTS updates: missed anyone? [In reply to]

Phil Pennock wrote:

Phil,

Thank you for that. And my thanks to one and all who have 'carried the
mail', lo these many years now.

As time has been passing, I'd suggest adding, so future joiners don't
forget, next to Phil Hazel's entry:

'Originating architect and author of the Exim project"

....or something of similar nature.

And next to your own:

'Dispatcher and principle Cat Herder, by default if not consensus.'

..or such.

I'm also grateful there is no entry for:

'Enduring contrarian and general pain in the a**',

...as I, too, am retiring.

;-)

Bill
--
韓家標

jpmens.dns at gmail

Jun 1, 2012, 5:35 AM

Re: ACKNOWLEDGMENTS updates: missed anyone? [In reply to]

> and let me know if I missed you out

I'm missing a "Very satisfied users" category. ;-)

-JP

r.berber at computer

Jun 1, 2012, 12:38 PM

Re: ACKNOWLEDGMENTS updates: missed anyone? [In reply to]

On 6/1/2012 6:56 AM, Phil Pennock wrote:

> I've gone over the changes and the names reported by the committers as
> they improved Exim, but it's possible you have been missed. If you've
> contributed to Exim, please look over the file:
>
> http://git.exim.org/exim.git/blob/HEAD:/src/ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
>
> and let me know if I missed you out, pointing out what you did, and I'll

In line 362 I'm being credited for something I probably didn't do, I
don't use QNX so I really don't think I found some mistake unless it was
something very obvious. Probably it was somebody else.
--
Ren Berber

exim-users at spodhuis

Jun 2, 2012, 12:40 AM

Re: ACKNOWLEDGMENTS updates: missed anyone? [In reply to]

On 2012-06-01 at 14:38 -0500, René Berber wrote:
> On 6/1/2012 6:56 AM, Phil Pennock wrote:
>
> > I've gone over the changes and the names reported by the committers as
> > they improved Exim, but it's possible you have been missed. If you've
> > contributed to Exim, please look over the file:
> >
> > http://git.exim.org/exim.git/blob/HEAD:/src/ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
> >
> > and let me know if I missed you out, pointing out what you did, and I'll
>
> In line 362 I'm being credited for something I probably didn't do, I
> don't use QNX so I really don't think I found some mistake unless it was
> something very obvious. Probably it was somebody else.

----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
commit c7c4ae90a7a7b9fc474e246e9a0d47ddf519117f
Author: Phil Pennock <pdp [at] exim>
Date: Sun May 20 03:48:53 2012 -0400

"make makfile" -> "make makefile".

Confirmed typo, rather than QNXism, by grepping tree and finding no
other instances.

Reported by René Berber.

Part of the QNX section, almost at the end of the README file.

Attention to detail which fixed false instructions.

-Phil