Mailing List Archive: exim: users

Using Exim to SMTP check Google Apps users?

awhite at wikimedia

Using Exim to SMTP check Google Apps users?

Hi there,

I am researching if there is a way to create a check in Exim to query
Google Apps for valid destination email boxes and if so deliver the email,
is this possible and if so how could that be done?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
*Andrew White
IT Office Manager

*

iane at sussex

Re: Using Exim to SMTP check Google Apps users? [In reply to]

On 7 May 2012, at 22:52, Andrew White wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am researching if there is a way to create a check in Exim to query
> Google Apps for valid destination email boxes and if so deliver the email,
> is this possible and if so how could that be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Why don't you just attempt to deliver the email? If the mailbox isn't valid, then you won't be able to deliver the message. I don't know what other definition of validity there might be.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex