Mailing List Archive: exim: users

DKIM - controlling which headers are signed

exim.ml at riotm

DKIM - controlling which headers are signed

Just a quick question,

One of our colleagues has brought up an interesting question regarding
Exim's implementation of DKIM signing.

I've looked at the docs
(http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch54.html)

and before I spend hours on this, is there any way to control which
headers are actually signed?

We are seeing an issue with GMAIL where our own generated message ID is
getting signed, but GMAIL are stripping this off, replacing it with
their own and breaking validation, even with 'relaxed' set on.

I seem to recall in OpenDKIM you could specify the headers to sign, but
I can't see an obvious config option for it in Exim?

Ron

andrew at topdog

Re: DKIM - controlling which headers are signed [In reply to]

On 10 Apr 2012, at 2:42 PM, Ron White wrote:

> I seem to recall in OpenDKIM you could specify the headers to sign, but
> I can't see an obvious config option for it in Exim?

dkim_sign_headers

--
www.baruwa.org

graeme at graemef

Re: DKIM - controlling which headers are signed [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 13:42 +0100, Ron White wrote:
> I've looked at the docs
> (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch54.html)
>
> and before I spend hours on this, is there any way to control which
> headers are actually signed?

Yes: dkim_sign_headers

That's in the section you referred to.

Graeme

exim.ml at riotm

Re: DKIM - controlling which headers are signed [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 14:43 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 13:42 +0100, Ron White wrote:
> > I've looked at the docs
> > (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch54.html)
> >
> > and before I spend hours on this, is there any way to control which
> > headers are actually signed?
>
> Yes: dkim_sign_headers
>
> That's in the section you referred to.
>
> Graeme

What on earth is the matter with me! It's old age, I swear it.