Mailing List Archive: exim: users

verify is user exists

member at horvath

Feb 14, 2012, 4:35 AM

verify is user exists

Hi,

I need to reject mail to unknown users.
I have a server acting as an anti spam gateway running exim4. I pull
a list of users from the main mailserver and want exim to read this
list and reject mail if the user is not in the list.
I have placed the following as an acl in my config:
deny domains = +local_domains
recipients = !lsearch;/etc/exim/valid-recipients
message = Unknown user

This is a config I've used often on redhat based distros but I am now
running exim4 (split config) on a debian distro and it's just not
working and I must be honest I'm having a hard time understanding just
how things are done the "debian way".

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get this to work?

Klaus+exim at Ethgen

Feb 14, 2012, 11:05 AM

Re: verify is user exists [In reply to]