Mailing List Archive: exim: users

being blocked by google - routing via other server, but how?

exim at trendware

Jan 18, 2012, 2:47 PM

being blocked by google - routing via other server, but how?

Dear List,

actually my exim mailserver is blocked by google mailservers, which is
quiete a big problem.

(a customers website was hacked in december 2011 - the webserver used
the mailserver as a smarthost - spammails where sent, google blocked me.
Customers website was taken off the net, but I am still blacklisted there..)

To satisfy my customers, I would like to temporarily route all emails to
domains hosted at google mailservers via another mailserver, which is
not blacklisted.

Now, I defined a router :

remote_routes:
driver = manualroute
route_data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/usr/exim/remote_routes}}
transport = remote_smtp

with remote_routes-content:
googlemail.com: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
gmail.com: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
aspmx.l.google.com: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
[74.125.127.27]: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
[209.85.225.27]: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
[173.194.65.27]: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
[74.125.81.27]: ip-adress-of-alternate-router
[209.85.173.27]: ip-adress-of-alternate-router

Now my question : would this work?

I saw the domain-names working. But obviously, Google offers mail
hosting and nobody knows all domains they are responsible for. So, I
would like to take all of their mailservers in consideration for routing
via my alternate router.

So, if I hit the solution, I could sleep better this night, and if I did
not hit it, could someone help me out of the actual problem..?

Thank you in advance,

Michael Radke

nospam at ggcs

Jan 19, 2012, 12:40 AM

Re: being blocked by google - routing via other server, but how? [In reply to]

Personally, when I need to move mail around, I do something like this.

Create a Domain List that is located somewhere it can be edited

-------
domainlist redirect_domains = lsearch;/home/fudgy/redirect_domains_list.txt
-------

Then I put a route before the final DNS router, like this -:

-------
relay_route:
driver = manualroute
domains = +redirect_domains
transport = remote_smtp
headers_remove = "ANY_HEADERS_I:want_to_remove"
route_list = * relay.mailserver.com
--------

> actually my exim mailserver is blocked by google mailservers, which is
quiete a big problem.

-- James :) Collins - Head Office * +61-7-3823-5150 *
,-_|\ Web Management InterActive Technologies
/ * Sydney Office - +61-2-8011-3237
\_,-._/ Canberra Office - +61-2-6100-7721
v Fax Number - +61-7-3245-1717
www.wmit.net - P.O. Box 1073, Capalaba, Qld, 4157