Mailing List Archive: exim: users

bulk inject email to local users multiple domain

rizahnst at gmail

Nov 8, 2011, 3:46 AM

bulk inject email to local users multiple domain

dear all,

how can i inject email to all local/virtual users on multiple domains ?
i can do it with vpopbull on vpopmail, but how to do it on exim/cpanel?

please help, thank you.

hs at schlittermann

Nov 8, 2011, 7:45 AM

Re: bulk inject email to local users multiple domain [In reply to]

Hello,

ahmad riza h nst <rizahnst [at] gmail> (Tue Nov 8 12:46:29 2011):
> how can i inject email to all local/virtual users on multiple domains ?
> i can do it with vpopbull on vpopmail, but how to do it on exim/cpanel?

You have to have a list with all your (local) users. Then use this list
with some email client to send your message.

Alternativly you may use this list in some special router (I think of
the redirect router) to address all your users via a single address.

An "allusers" router could look like this:

allusers:
domains = …
router = redirect
local_parts = allusers
file = /etc/exim/my-user-list

Be careful to restrict the senders somewhat.

Exim does not know *all* your users per se. Exim is able to decide, if a
given user is a local user or not, but Exim can't enumerate all your
users.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B

graeme at graemef

Nov 8, 2011, 7:53 AM

Re: bulk inject email to local users multiple domain [In reply to]

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 18:46 +0700, ahmad riza h nst wrote:
> how can i inject email to all local/virtual users on multiple domains ?
> i can do it with vpopbull on vpopmail, but how to do it on exim/cpanel?

The more important question is: what do the users use to pick the mail
up? Exim is the MTA. In your old system, using vpopmail, that had a tool
to allow "bulletins".

You need to tell us what cPanel uses under the hood for mailbox access,
because it isn't Exim - and it might have an analogous tool.

cPanel folks, what say you?

Graeme

wbh at conducive

Nov 8, 2011, 10:01 AM

Re: bulk inject email to local users multiple domain [In reply to]

ahmad riza h nst wrote:
> dear all,
>
> how can i inject email to all local/virtual users on multiple domains ?
> i can do it with vpopbull on vpopmail, but how to do it on exim/cpanel?
>
> please help, thank you.
>
> --

You might find the day-to-day use easier if you install a decent Mailing
List Manager to work with Exim - even if you do not otherwise offer MLM
as a service.

They have a rich toolset for managing list membership, sub-lists,
combined lists, etc, as well as baulked delivery, unexpected bounces
(forwarding is a possibility?), headers, apparent source, inserted body
prefixes and suffixes, Reply-To: ...and all manner of other useful 'stuff'.

Consumes near-zero resources when idle, and you won't have to re-invent
any of it - just set the 'knobs'.

Bill
--
韓家標

rizahnst at gmail

Nov 8, 2011, 5:29 PM

Re: bulk inject email to local users multiple domain [In reply to]

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Graeme Fowler <graeme [at] graemef> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 18:46 +0700, ahmad riza h nst wrote:
>> how can i inject email to all local/virtual users on multiple domains ?
>> i can do it with vpopbull on vpopmail, but how to do it on exim/cpanel?
>
> The more important question is: what do the users use to pick the mail
> up? Exim is the MTA. In your old system, using vpopmail, that had a tool
> to allow "bulletins".
>
> You need to tell us what cPanel uses under the hood for mailbox access,
> because it isn't Exim - and it might have an analogous tool.

it's dovecot, so i think i need to ask dovecot list about this.
thank you.

http://blog.rizahnst.org