Mailing List Archive: exim: users

seeing the contents of refused relay messages?

pdrap-exim at pdrap

seeing the contents of refused relay messages?

Hi, I have my exim setup to refuse all relays, and I've tested it out
with the various relay testers available on the web, with no problems.

Today, somebody tried to bounce a mail off my server. Without going into
too much detail, I have reason to believe that it was a radio station
listener trying to send in a photo of a man with a mullet hairstyle in a
misguided attempt to win a contest. I found myself wishing that I could
have seen the photo, might have been good for a laugh. :-)

So my question is this: Can I refuse all relays and still be able to
see what people were attempting to send through my server?

Thanks.

--
Patrick Draper | Don't |pdrap-sig [at] pdrap
Austin, Texas | Fear |Father Order runs at a

kevin at labsysgrp

Re: seeing the contents of refused relay messages? [In reply to]

Generally, no, because the relay refusal is done before the message contents
are even sent to your server.