Mailing List Archive: exim: dev

Remove headers in an ACL

exim dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tlyons at ivenue

Jul 26, 2012, 10:25 PM

Remove headers in an ACL

There is a bug 198 (obviously opened a long time ago) that is a
request to be able to remove headers in ACL's, identical to the way
that you can remove headers in a transport. In the bug, Magnus had
submitted a patch that does the job and does it well. It takes raw
header names, it does not do expansion nor wildcards. I added a
comprehensive test for the function and plan in the morning to add
documentation in the spec. If there are no objections, I'd like to
push this when I'm done.

My question is this: was there some reason in the past that removing
headers in ACL's was never done? Maybe it was just nobody had the
time to test and commit? Or did it just get lost in the shuffle of
volunteers living and working?

...Todd

tlyons at ivenue

Jul 27, 2012, 1:09 PM

Re: Remove headers in an ACL [In reply to]

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Todd Lyons <tlyons [at] ivenue> wrote:
> There is a bug 198 (obviously opened a long time ago) that is a
> request to be able to remove headers in ACL's, identical to the way
> My question is this: was there some reason in the past that removing
> headers in ACL's was never done? Maybe it was just nobody had the
> time to test and commit? Or did it just get lost in the shuffle of
> volunteers living and working?

No complaints head, so I updated the docs and tests. I am about to
merge that branch to master and push it. If it creates any problems
for anybody, feel free to revert the commit.

Unsurprisingly, I found that writing the docs contributed the most to
my comprehension of this code. It also greatly enhanced my
understanding of the inter-operation of this code with other parts of
the message processing. This really expanded the tests because I had
a lot of things to check for when considering all possible scenarios.

Thanks to Magnus for this fine patch. If he's not around the list any
more and someone knows how to get ahold of him, tell him thanks :-)

...Todd

tlyons at ivenue

Jul 27, 2012, 2:50 PM

Re: Remove headers in an ACL [In reply to]

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Todd Lyons <tlyons [at] ivenue> wrote:

> No complaints head, so I updated the docs and tests. I am about to
> merge that branch to master and push it. If it creates any problems
> for anybody, feel free to revert the commit.

One file, test/stdout/0567 keeps changing the line endings from \r to
\r\n and I'm not sure why exactly. That is the reason for the two odd
commits that change the logfile but don't seem to do anything. I'm
gonna quit screwing with it until someone can tell me what I'm doing
wrong.

...Todd