Mailing List Archive: Ethereal: users

ethereal is now wireshark?

Ethereal users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

doubletoku at hellokitty

Sep 24, 2006, 9:22 PM

ethereal is now wireshark?

Hi how are you? I just wanted to know if ethereal is now really wireshark. The reason I ask is because there is no mention of this on the ethereal web site that I can find. I just want to make sure its true! Thanks for your help.

luis.ontanon at gmail

Sep 25, 2006, 6:33 AM

Re: ethereal is now wireshark? [In reply to]

> Hi how are you? I just wanted to know if ethereal is now really wireshark. The reason I ask is because there is no mention of this on the ethereal web site that I can find. I just want to make sure its true! Thanks for your help.

That's not completely true, ethereal is still ethereal, but ethereal
development has ceased. All the core developers are currently working
on wireshark. So do not expect new releases of ethereal any time soon,
Wireshark is what's being developed.

-- Marshall McLuhan