Mailing List Archive: Ethereal: users

How to add Diameter AVPs and messages

Ethereal users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

andersk at cisco

Sep 14, 2006, 5:04 PM

How to add Diameter AVPs and messages

All,

I'd like to add support for certain AVPs and messages to Ethereal. I
tried constructing another XML file in the Ethereal/diameter directory
based on the other files there but it doesn't get picked up. It appears
that Etheral doesn't even read those XML files on startup.

According to the "About Ethereal" menu item I'm "Running with WinPcap
version 3.1 (packet.dll version 3, 1, 0, 27), based on libpcap version
0.9[.x] on Windows XP Service Pack 2, build 2600."

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Anders

andersk at cisco

Sep 14, 2006, 5:43 PM

Re: How to add Diameter AVPs and messages [In reply to]

Never mind. I see now how this works! (It's been fixed in a later release.)

Anders