Mailing List Archive: Ethereal: users

decode for sflow

Ethereal users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

luluskiptumaloo at hotmail

Jul 22, 2006, 5:40 PM

decode for sflow

Hello, I'm looking for the decode for sflow. Ethereal in the detail view
displays: (please write and contribute code to dissect them!). Well, I'm
willing and ready. I read the FAQ and scanned the manual but, seem to be
struggling a bit with this?

Any suggestions? I might even consider paying someone to do this for us.

Thanks,

Skip

mshindo at mshindo

Jul 27, 2006, 4:13 PM

Re: decode for sflow [In reply to]

Lulu,

To tell the truth, I'm working on it (of course for Wireshark).

It's partially completed but not in a good shape yet. At this point,
it can dissect packet header samples, but I still need to work more on
extended switch, router, gateway stuffs and counter samples.

Unfortunately, I'm on vacation now, so I don't have enough time to
work on it, and, my work will not be finished so soon. Sorry.

Just curiosity, from which vendor do you want to dissect sFlow v5
packets generated?

Regards,

---
Motonori Shindo
Chief Technology Officer
Fivefront Corporation
http://www.fivefront.com

> Hello, I'm looking for the decode for sflow. Ethereal in the detail view
> displays: (please write and contribute code to dissect them!). Well, I'm
> willing and ready. I read the FAQ and scanned the manual but, seem to be
> struggling a bit with this?
>
> Any suggestions? I might even consider paying someone to do this for us.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Skip

jmayer at loplof

Aug 10, 2006, 5:37 AM

Re: decode for sflow [In reply to]

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 08:13:40AM +0900, Motonori Shindo wrote:
> To tell the truth, I'm working on it (of course for Wireshark).
> Unfortunately, I'm on vacation now, so I don't have enough time to
> work on it, and, my work will not be finished so soon. Sorry.

If you want to, you can send your early code to the wireshark-dev list
for review. Also, if someone else is insterested, maybe they can do some
of the work as well :-)

Ciao
Joerg
--