Mailing List Archive: Ethereal: doc
IBM z/OS and OS/390 packet captures

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

martin.warnes at ntlworld

IBM z/OS and OS/390 packet captures

Hi,

I think it might be worth mentioning in the documentation that IBM supply a free utility CSYSTCPDA that will reformat a standard z/OS or OS/390 packet trace into a SNIFFER (NAI) format trace which can be read by Ethereal. Knowledge of this might give Ethereal a boost in the Mainframe arena, because trust me, analysing z/OS packet traces with IPCS aint much fun.

I have successfully used this to test a dissector I'm writing for the Connect:Direct file transfer product, which transfer to/from z/OS system on a wide basis.

Details available at:

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/network/commserver/downloads/csystcpda.html

Martin

Subject User Time
IBM z/OS and OS/390 packet captures martin.warnes at ntlworld May 19, 2003, 12:55 PM
    Re: IBM z/OS and OS/390 packet captures guy at netapp May 19, 2003, 2:04 PM