Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

N9 device seeding activity

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

zehjotkah at googlemail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Haha, maybe we could use the N950 for the coding competition!

There would be lots and lots of submissions... ;)

I mean huuuuge amounts of submissions... Last chance to get a N950..

:P

--

Von meinem Nokia N950 gesendet

robert bauer schrieb am 20.04.12 15:07:
Well, probably not "perfectly" How many N9s do you think we should set
aside as prizes? Please let us know if you have a recommendation for who
should do it this year.

Rob

quim.gil at nokia

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Maybe the simplest approach is to organize different activities and
agree on an amount devices to allocate for each.

Instead of discussing THE criteria for allocating all those devices we
could agree who organizes what and how many devices that activity is
requesting.

Also because it feels that it's not easy to pull resources for a full
fledged seeding program. That takes a serious amount if time and energy,
I can tell.

We could have:

- Competition. Focus on ADM / Extras / community repos. Put the N950s
there. I have asked how many we have). Winners could have an option of
getting an N9 instead.

- Publish your OSS app at Nokia Store. The goal being to channel to all
N9 users the good stuff that now lies elsewhere.

- Your app in Qt 5. Show your Qt 4 app and your plan to demo it running
in Qt 5 on N9.

- Prizes for great maemo.org contributors in any areas: betatesting,
infrastructure, forum/IRC support and engagement, promotion...

Anything else?

I could help directly on Nokia Store & Qt 5 since these tasks are
closely related to my work and the reasons why I'm able to offer these
devices. Who would want to step in for any of these tasks?

The competition and the prizes for contributors are defined by
categories, therefore it would be relatively easy to calculate the
amount of devices needed. Then we could split the rest for the remaining
activities.

What do you think?

--
Quim

tim at samoff

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Quim Gil wrote:
<snip>

> What do you think?
>
> --
> Quim

This makes a LOT more sense. ;)

Tim

--
http://samoff.com

g+770 at cobb

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

On Friday 20 April 2012 16:49:41 Quim Gil wrote:
> - Competition. Focus on ADM / Extras / community repos. Put the N950s
> there. I have asked how many we have). Winners could have an option of
> getting an N9 instead.

If N950's are going as prizes I suspect several old-time developers may be
tempted back...

Now, I wonder how I could put a Qt skin on GPE... (that's a joke by the way --
the G is a bit of a give-way!).

timop.harkonen at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Hi

20. huhtikuuta 2012 18.49 Quim Gil <quim.gil [at] nokia> kirjoitti:

> Maybe the simplest approach is to organize different activities and agree
> on an amount devices to allocate for each.
>
> Instead of discussing THE criteria for allocating all those devices we
> could agree who organizes what and how many devices that activity is
> requesting.
>
> Also because it feels that it's not easy to pull resources for a full
> fledged seeding program. That takes a serious amount if time and energy, I
> can tell.
>
> We could have:
>
> - Competition. Focus on ADM / Extras / community repos. Put the N950s
> there. I have asked how many we have). Winners could have an option of
> getting an N9 instead.

was just about to propose this :) since the n950s are a prize worth putting
some effort into and thus should give the competition a good boost

> - Publish your OSS app at Nokia Store. The goal being to channel to all N9
> users the good stuff that now lies elsewhere.
>
> - Your app in Qt 5. Show your Qt 4 app and your plan to demo it running in
> Qt 5 on N9.
>
> - Prizes for great maemo.org contributors in any areas: betatesting,
> infrastructure, forum/IRC support and engagement, promotion...
>
> Anything else?
>

> I could help directly on Nokia Store & Qt 5 since these tasks are closely
> related to my work and the reasons why I'm able to offer these devices. Who
> would want to step in for any of these tasks?
>
> The competition and the prizes for contributors are defined by categories,
> therefore it would be relatively easy to calculate the amount of devices
> needed. Then we could split the rest for the remaining activities.
>
> What do you think?

sounds good

-Timo

> --
> Quim

arie at everythingn9

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

I agree with your Idea fully Quim.
Arie

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 4/20/12 11:49 AM Quim Gil wrote:

[...]

erik at hovland

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Graham Cobb <g+770 [at] cobb> wrote:
> On Friday 20 April 2012 16:49:41 Quim Gil wrote:
>> - Competition. Focus on ADM / Extras / community repos. Put the N950s
>> there. I have asked how many we have). Winners could have an option of
>> getting an N9 instead.
>
> If N950's are going as prizes I suspect several old-time developers may be
> tempted back...

Here, here.

> Now, I wonder how I could put a Qt skin on GPE... (that's a joke by the way --
> the G is a bit of a give-way!).

Now you've let them into your secret plan. C'monGraham!

Erik Hovland
erik [at] hovland
http://hovland.org/

erik at hovland

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

> What do you think?

Good ideas all around.

Erik Hovland
erik [at] hovland
http://hovland.org/

nybauer at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Quim Gil <quim.gil [at] nokia> wrote:

> Maybe the simplest approach is to organize different activities and agree
> on an amount devices to allocate for each.
>
> Instead of discussing THE criteria for allocating all those devices we
> could agree who organizes what and how many devices that activity is
> requesting.
>
> Also because it feels that it's not easy to pull resources for a full
> fledged seeding program. That takes a serious amount if time and energy, I
> can tell.
>
> We could have:
>
> - Competition. Focus on ADM / Extras / community repos. Put the N950s
> there. I have asked how many we have). Winners could have an option of
> getting an N9 instead.
>
> - Publish your OSS app at Nokia Store. The goal being to channel to all N9
> users the good stuff that now lies elsewhere.
>
> - Your app in Qt 5. Show your Qt 4 app and your plan to demo it running in
> Qt 5 on N9.
>
> - Prizes for great maemo.org contributors in any areas: betatesting,
> infrastructure, forum/IRC support and engagement, promotion...
>
> Anything else?
>

> I could help directly on Nokia Store & Qt 5 since these tasks are closely
> related to my work and the reasons why I'm able to offer these devices. Who
> would want to step in for any of these tasks?
>
> The competition and the prizes for contributors are defined by categories,
> therefore it would be relatively easy to calculate the amount of devices
> needed. Then we could split the rest for the remaining activities.
>
> What do you think?

OK, but I'd like to keep "Improvements in apps infra at maemo.org or the
evolution of COBS" as one of the activities.

I'd like to know if the timeline can be relaxed a bit, and also the number
of devices. The Competition has a clear process (although it could be
tweaked), and maemo.org can handle prizes for contributors. I'm not sure
how Nokia Store & Qt5 would work, but what help would you want from
maemo.org community for those - just to promote?

Rob

roberto.colistete at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

To boost porting & releasing softwares for MeeGo Harmattan : Nokia
Store & Apps ForMeeGo should be only a recommendation as they can't
accept softwares with external dependencies like Maemo.org
repositories.

Even a .deb posted in a specific Talk Maemo.org topic should be enough
because it is simple to install.

timop.harkonen at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Hi

21. huhtikuuta 2012 20.24 Roberto Colistete Jr. <roberto.colistete [at] gmail
> kirjoitti:

> To boost porting & releasing softwares for MeeGo Harmattan : Nokia
> Store & Apps ForMeeGo should be only a recommendation as they can't
> accept softwares with external dependencies like Maemo.org
> repositories.

I don't see anyone saying that's the only way to go. If someone has needs
for a device to do an open source application with a purpose of publishing
it through the store I would see that as valid reason to ask for a device
given that there's enough reason to believe it will actually happen. Same
should apply for any other reason for requesting a device. platform
hacking, QA, application development, porting Qt5 or whatever.

afaik the external dependency thing in apps.formeego is only a policy issue
not a technical thing. So not really an issue just something that needs to
be discussed. Actually what is the proper place to discuss things like
apps.formeego policy? As I've understood it the goal now is to unify things
with it and maemo.org by introducing maemo targets to obs. I'd think this
list would be it.

/me waves at apps.formeego.org guys

> Even a .deb posted in a specific Talk Maemo.org topic should be enough
> because it is simple to install.

IMHO not even close enough. We have repositories and build machinery for a
reason. things like ensuring clean build environment, making sure the
needed dependencies are there and so on. Besides most of the deb drops in
tmo I have seen do not even include a link to the sources so again no. We
should be encouraging people to use the proper channels to distribute their
stuff (be it the store, apps.formeego or maemo.org repos) not posting links
to binary deb packages in tmo.

-Timo

roberto.colistete at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

On 4/21/12, Timo Härkönen <timop.harkonen [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 21. huhtikuuta 2012 20.24 Roberto Colistete Jr. <roberto.colistete [at] gmail
>> kirjoitti:
>
>> To boost porting & releasing softwares for MeeGo Harmattan : Nokia
>> Store & Apps ForMeeGo should be only a recommendation as they can't
>> accept softwares with external dependencies like Maemo.org
>> repositories.
>>

> I don't see anyone saying that's the only way to go. If someone has needs
> for a device to do an open source application with a purpose of publishing
> it through the store I would see that as valid reason to ask for a device
> given that there's enough reason to believe it will actually happen. Same
> should apply for any other reason for requesting a device. platform
> hacking, QA, application development, porting Qt5 or whatever.
>
> afaik the external dependency thing in apps.formeego is only a policy issue
> not a technical thing. So not really an issue just something that needs to
> be discussed. Actually what is the proper place to discuss things like
> apps.formeego policy? As I've understood it the goal now is to unify things
> with it and maemo.org by introducing maemo targets to obs. I'd think this
> list would be it.

AFAIK, the external dependency limitation in Apps ForMeeGo is technical.

For example, I've packaged MatPlotLib (a well know FOSS Python
library) and it is in a Talk Maemo.org
(http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80353) because it can't be
published in Nokia Store / Apps ForMeeGo (because it needs external
dependencies / multiple .debs).

Many other FOSS projects which can be ported to MeeGo Harmattan
fall in the same limitation. Maemo 4/5 OS has Maemo.org repositories
with dependencies capabilities.

>> Even a .deb posted in a specific Talk Maemo.org topic should be enough
>> because it is simple to install.
>>

> IMHO not even close enough. We have repositories and build machinery for a
> reason. things like ensuring clean build environment, making sure the
> needed dependencies are there and so on. Besides most of the deb drops in
> tmo I have seen do not even include a link to the sources so again no. We
> should be encouraging people to use the proper channels to distribute their
> stuff (be it the store, apps.formeego or maemo.org repos) not posting links
> to binary deb packages in tmo.

Better : even a Talk Maemo.org topic (or link to other site) with
links to source-code and .deb's. Ok ? Nobody is lazy here, like
Inception, overclocking, etc projects.

timop.harkonen at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Hi

21. huhtikuuta 2012 23.44 Roberto Colistete Jr. <roberto.colistete [at] gmail
> kirjoitti:

> On 4/21/12, Timo Härkönen <timop.harkonen [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > 21. huhtikuuta 2012 20.24 Roberto Colistete Jr. <
> roberto.colistete [at] gmail
> >> kirjoitti:
> >
> >> To boost porting & releasing softwares for MeeGo Harmattan : Nokia
> >> Store & Apps ForMeeGo should be only a recommendation as they can't
> >> accept softwares with external dependencies like Maemo.org
> >> repositories.
> >>

> > I don't see anyone saying that's the only way to go. If someone has needs
> > for a device to do an open source application with a purpose of
> publishing
> > it through the store I would see that as valid reason to ask for a device
> > given that there's enough reason to believe it will actually happen. Same
> > should apply for any other reason for requesting a device. platform
> > hacking, QA, application development, porting Qt5 or whatever.
> >
> > afaik the external dependency thing in apps.formeego is only a policy
> issue
> > not a technical thing. So not really an issue just something that needs
> > be discussed. Actually what is the proper place to discuss things like
> > apps.formeego policy? As I've understood it the goal now is to unify
> things
> > with it and maemo.org by introducing maemo targets to obs. I'd think
> this
> > list would be it.
>
> AFAIK, the external dependency limitation in Apps ForMeeGo is
> technical.

according to Niels (X-Fade) it is policy. see
http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclog/%23maemo-meeting.2012-04-17.log.html#t2012-04-17T18:28:01

-Timo

> For example, I've packaged MatPlotLib (a well know FOSS Python
> library) and it is in a Talk Maemo.org
> (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80353) because it can't be
> published in Nokia Store / Apps ForMeeGo (because it needs external
> dependencies / multiple .debs).
>
> Many other FOSS projects which can be ported to MeeGo Harmattan
> fall in the same limitation. Maemo 4/5 OS has Maemo.org repositories
> with dependencies capabilities.
>
> >> Even a .deb posted in a specific Talk Maemo.org topic should be enough
> >> because it is simple to install.
> >>

> > IMHO not even close enough. We have repositories and build machinery for
> > reason. things like ensuring clean build environment, making sure the
> > needed dependencies are there and so on. Besides most of the deb drops in
> > tmo I have seen do not even include a link to the sources so again no. We
> > should be encouraging people to use the proper channels to distribute
> their
> > stuff (be it the store, apps.formeego or maemo.org repos) not posting
> links
> > to binary deb packages in tmo.
>
> Better : even a Talk Maemo.org topic (or link to other site) with
> links to source-code and .deb's. Ok ? Nobody is lazy here, like
> Inception, overclocking, etc projects.

jeremiah at jeremiahfoster

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 08:32:24AM -0700, Quim Gil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let's say we could have a nice amount of N9s (*) for a maemo.org
> centered device seeding activity.

[snip]

> What do you think?

This is a great idea. I think it can be validated as a great idea
merely by looking at the response on this mailing list. This list
was quiet, now it is alive with interested developers working to
make Maemo better. I hope the plans go forward.

Regards,

Jeremiah

arie at everythingn9

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1197216&postcount=14
In regards to that post, I support all of the measures but we should also offer an option for beta testers of Harmattan apps to get an N950 too.

--

Arie

www.everythingn9.com

@everythingN9 on twitter
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 4/21/12 1:24 PM Roberto Colistete Jr. wrote:

To boost porting & releasing softwares for MeeGo Harmattan : Nokia
Store & Apps ForMeeGo should be only a recommendation as they can't
accept softwares with external dependencies like Maemo.org
repositories.

Even a .deb posted in a specific Talk Maemo.org topic should be enough
because it is simple to install.

vern at riseup

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Hi
> If N950's are going as prizes I suspect several old-time developers may be
> tempted back...

quietly raises hand :)

--
http://ianlawrence.info

quim.gil at nokia

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

So...

- How many devices do you need for the competition? Who coordinates?

- How many for the community awards? Who coordinates?

You can assign the devices as you wish and when you wish, but knowing
now how many you need would allow us to organize the other activities
properly.

--
Quim

arie at everythingn9

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

For the competition we should have 5 devices, at least 2 N950's if possible. For the coding competition if no one steps up, I will also volunteer.

I want to handle the community awards, I am voluteering for that responsibility. I am heavily involved with the community devs and can think of a few who should get N9's, can we allocate at least 10-20 devices for this and 1 N950 if possible.

--

Arie

www.everythingn9.com

@everythingN9 on twitter
Sent from my Nokia N9

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

For the competition, we should have at least 20 devices, which is the
number we had last year. A few more would be nice because we have been
talking about adding a new category for platform contributions rather than
apps.

For the community awards, I think council should coordinate. I would
propose to make a prominent announcement, have a wiki page stating criteria
and allowing for individuals to state why they should get an award
according to the criteria, and then a panel of three (who already have
device and are ineligible for second device) should make the final
decisions.

Rob

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM, <arie [at] everythingn9> wrote:

> For the competition we should have 5 devices, at least 2 N950's if
> possible. For the coding competition if no one steps up, I will also
> volunteer.
>

> I want to handle the community awards, I am voluteering for that
> responsibility. I am heavily involved with the community devs and can think
> of a few who should get N9's, can we allocate at least 10-20 devices for
> this and 1 N950 if possible.
>

> --
>
> Arie
>
> www.everythingn9.com
>
> @everythingN9 on twitter
> Sent from my Nokia N9
>
> On 4/25/12 6:49 PM Quim Gil wrote:
> So...
>
> - How many devices do you need for the competition? Who coordinates?
>
> - How many for the community awards? Who coordinates?
>
> You can assign the devices as you wish and when you wish, but knowing
> now how many you need would allow us to organize the other activities
> properly.
>
> --
> Quim

zehjotkah at googlemail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

That's right, last year we had about 20 devices.
Nine N9s, ten N900s and some Intel MeeGo devices.

As suggested, I'd propose the N950s for the competition. Reasons were also
mentioned.

Cosimo

2012/4/26 robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail>

> For the competition, we should have at least 20 devices, which is the
> number we had last year. A few more would be nice because we have been
> talking about adding a new category for platform contributions rather than
> apps.
>
> For the community awards, I think council should coordinate. I would
> propose to make a prominent announcement, have a wiki page stating criteria
> and allowing for individuals to state why they should get an award
> according to the criteria, and then a panel of three (who already have
> device and are ineligible for second device) should make the final
> decisions.
>
> Rob
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM, <arie [at] everythingn9> wrote:
>
>> For the competition we should have 5 devices, at least 2 N950's if
>> possible. For the coding competition if no one steps up, I will also
>> volunteer.
>>

>> I want to handle the community awards, I am voluteering for that
>> responsibility. I am heavily involved with the community devs and can think
>> of a few who should get N9's, can we allocate at least 10-20 devices for
>> this and 1 N950 if possible.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Arie
>>
>> www.everythingn9.com
>>
>> @everythingN9 on twitter
>> Sent from my Nokia N9
>>
>> On 4/25/12 6:49 PM Quim Gil wrote:
>> So...
>>
>> - How many devices do you need for the competition? Who coordinates?
>>
>> - How many for the community awards? Who coordinates?
>>
>> You can assign the devices as you wish and when you wish, but knowing
>> now how many you need would allow us to organize the other activities
>> properly.
>>
>> --
>> Quim

twilight312 at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

+1 on coordinating awards by Council. With all due respect, I don't see single reason, why Arie should maintain it.

/Estel

On czw 26 kwi 2012 06:35:27 CEST, Cosimo Kroll <zehjotkah [at] googlemail> wrote:

> That's right, last year we had about 20 devices.
> Nine N9s, ten N900s and some Intel MeeGo devices.
>
> As suggested, I'd propose the N950s for the competition. Reasons were
> also mentioned.
>
> Cosimo
>
> 2012/4/26 robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail>
>
> > For the competition, we should have at least 20 devices, which is the
> > number we had last year.  A few more would be nice because we have been
> > talking about adding a new category for platform contributions rather
> > than apps.
> >
> > For the community awards, I think council should coordinate.  I would
> > propose to make a prominent announcement, have a wiki page stating
> > criteria and allowing for individuals to state why they should get an
> > award according to the criteria, and then a panel of three (who
> > already have device and are ineligible for second device) should make
> > the final decisions.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM, <arie [at] everythingn9> wrote:
> >
> > > For the competition we should have 5 devices, at least 2 N950's if
> > > possible. For the coding competition if no one steps up, I will also
> > > volunteer.
> > >

> > > I want to handle the community awards, I am voluteering for that
> > > responsibility. I am heavily involved with the community devs and
> > > can think of a few who should get N9's, can we allocate at least
> > > 10-20 devices for this and 1 N950 if possible.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Arie
> > >
> > > www.everythingn9.com
> > >
> > > @everythingN9 on twitter
> > > Sent from my Nokia N9
> > >
> > > On 4/25/12 6:49 PM Quim Gil wrote:
> > > So...
> > >
> > > - How many devices do you need for the competition? Who coordinates?
> > >
> > > - How many for the community awards? Who coordinates?
> > >
> > > You can assign the devices as you wish and when you wish, but knowing
> > > now how many you need would allow us to organize the other activities
> > > properly.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Quim

ivgalvez at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

I completely agree about coordinating with Council and the number of
devices as proposed by Rob and Cosimo.

Iván Gálvez Junquera

timop.harkonen at gmail

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Hi

26. huhtikuuta 2012 16.53 Iván Gálvez Junquera <ivgalvez [at] gmail>kirjoitti:

> I completely agree about coordinating with Council and the number of
> devices as proposed by Rob and Cosimo.

I agree on the device amount for the competition but didn't see anyone
proposing an amount for the seeding itself. So I'm proposing 80 to get that
discussion going. That would make the total number of devices 100. I think
the seeding should be done like proposed earlier by providing a wiki page
where people willing to get one need to add their details including past,
current and planned contributions to the community. So pretty similar thing
that Quim & co. used with the meego developer device program. And then the
council decides who gets a device.

In any case I'd like to see the requirements for getting a device clearly
documented (after there's a consensus for them) to the same wiki page. So
I'd ask for Maemo.org user name with link to the profile, description of
contributions with links to those and summary of future plans. So my main
requirerement would be contributions that benefit the community. There's a
lot of stuff that be contributed to the community and they should all have
some weight. Contributions can be applications, other development, QA,
helping people, communications (think about what people behind the weekly
news are doing) or something else.

This might sound like self evident but when it comes to free gadgets the
rules need to be very clear and the instance who has the final say clearly
definded (the council). And I also agree that in no situation should one
single person be able to make the call on who gets a device or not.
Therefore I'd wait until the new council has been elected (no disrepect to
Rob intended).

BR

-Timo

> 2012/4/26 twilight312 [at] gmail <twilight312 [at] gmail>
>
> **
>>
>> +1 on coordinating awards by Council. With all due respect, I don't see
>> single reason, why Arie should maintain it.
>>
>> /Estel
>>
>> On czw 26 kwi 2012 06:35:27 CEST, Cosimo Kroll <zehjotkah [at] googlemail>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > That's right, last year we had about 20 devices.
>> > Nine N9s, ten N900s and some Intel MeeGo devices.
>> >
>> > As suggested, I'd propose the N950s for the competition. Reasons were
>> > also mentioned.
>> >
>> > Cosimo

>> been

>> also

>> coordinates?

>> knowing
>> activities

> Iván Gálvez Junquera

arie at everythingn9

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

Estel I am fine with council awarding the N9's, but there are so many devs that have made a difference for the N9 that will probably never be noticed, could you at least name a few that you feel are qualified to get devices from the program?

I actually test a lot of apps for the devs and am involved with them trying to make them a finished product for the N9. I don't want a device at all, but who better to be involved in the decision of who gets one than a person that doesn't need a device (I have 3 N9's) and actually is in communication with the people that are bringing about some of the best apps that we currently see?

--

Arie

www.everythingn9.com

@everythingN9 on twitter
Sent from my Nokia N9

arie at everythingn9

Re: N9 device seeding activity [In reply to]

I fully agree with Rob and Cosimo's number as well.

--

Arie

www.everythingn9.com

@everythingN9 on twitter
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 4/26/12 9:53 AM Iván Gálvez Junquera wrote:

I completely agree about coordinating with Council and the number of devices as proposed by Rob and Cosimo.

2012/4/26 twilight312 [at] gmail <twilight312 [at] gmail>

+1 on coordinating awards by Council. With all due respect, I don't see single reason, why Arie should maintain it.

/Estel

On czw 26 kwi 2012 06:35:27 CEST, Cosimo Kroll <zehjotkah [at] googlemail> wrote:

> That's right, last year we had about 20 devices.
> Nine N9s, ten N900s and some Intel MeeGo devices.
>
> As suggested, I'd propose the N950s for the competition. Reasons were
> also mentioned.
>
> Cosimo
>
> 2012/4/26 robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail>
>
> > For the competition, we should have at least 20 devices, which is the
> > number we had last year. A few more would be nice because we have been
> > talking about adding a new category for platform contributions rather
> > than apps.
> >
> > For the community awards, I think council should coordinate. I would
> > propose to make a prominent announcement, have a wiki page stating
> > criteria and allowing for individuals to state why they should get an
> > award according to the criteria, and then a panel of three (who
> > already have device and are ineligible for second device) should make
> > the final decisions.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM, <arie [at] everythingn9> wrote:
> >
> > > For the competition we should have 5 devices, at least 2 N950's if
> > > possible. For the coding competition if no one steps up, I will also
> > > volunteer.
> > >

> > > I want to handle the community awards, I am voluteering for that
> > > responsibility. I am heavily involved with the community devs and
> > > can think of a few who should get N9's, can we allocate at least
> > > 10-20 devices for this and 1 N950 if possible.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Arie
> > >
> > > www.everythingn9.com
> > >
> > > @everythingN9 on twitter
> > > Sent from my Nokia N9
> > >
> > > On 4/25/12 6:49 PM Quim Gil wrote:
> > > So...
> > >
> > > - How many devices do you need for the competition? Who coordinates?
> > >
> > > - How many for the community awards? Who coordinates?
> > >
> > > You can assign the devices as you wish and when you wish, but knowing
> > > now how many you need would allow us to organize the other activities
> > > properly.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Quim

Iván Gálvez Junquera