Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

How-to AirPlay question

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jyavenard at gmail

Re: How-to AirPlay question [In reply to]

On 6 May 2012 17:35, Jason Bright <jaybright [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> I'm running the latest 25-fixes via mythbuntu
> (v0.25-59-gae7ac79).

Which doesn't include any of the changes I mentioned earlier

> Audio generally works well. Playback is occasionally choppy, but i'm
> willing to blame that on my 3GS.

it's not your 3GS, but the AirPlay server

> Video works fine via the youtube app, or any website that embeds youtube links.

except that you can't seek and that the iPhone never properly shows
what is being currently played.
And when you exit playback on the iPhone, playback continues on myth
and you have to manually exit the video

> Have never successfully got video to work from Apples "Trailers" app,
> or from Sony's "Crackle" video streaming app (free).
> In both cases the mythtv box gives the "Please Wait" window for a few
> seconds, but never plays through. On the phone the screen changes as
> if the video is streaming, and the play icon in the title bar pops on
> and off a few times, but nothing comes through.
>
> When i get some time later today I'll see if there are any
> mythfrontend logs to go with it.

none of your reports are interesting in regards to what I was
discussing just then...

> P.S. HUUUUGE thanks for all your development work on this. I wasn't
> event expecting the feature and it's become my most used new
> functionality in 0.25. Cheers!

Your thanks should go to Mark Kendall.
He's the one who introduced that feature.

I have rewritten most of it, but he's the one who implemented it first

JY

jyavenard at gmail

Re: How-to AirPlay question [In reply to]

On 6 May 2012 17:35, Jason Bright <jaybright [at] gmail> wrote:
> Have never successfully got video to work from Apples "Trailers" app,
> or from Sony's "Crackle" video streaming app (free).
> In both cases the mythtv box gives the "Please Wait" window for a few
> seconds, but never plays through. On the phone the screen changes as
> if the video is streaming, and the play icon in the title bar pops on
> and off a few times, but nothing comes through.

There are two ways videos can be streamed from an iPhone to an AirPlay
server (usually an Apple TV)
1-By streaming the mp4/m4v video as-is.
Or 2-by using HTTP Live Streaming

mythtv only supports 1.

I hope that 0.26 will support HTTP Live Streaming.