Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

DirecTV HTTP Server

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

steve at the-harringtons

Oct 24, 2010, 6:43 PM

DirecTV HTTP Server

Ran a port scan this morning of all my devices and noticed on my DirecTV H23
boxes there's now some web commands that can be run on port 8080.

To access, put in a web browser
http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/info/getOptions

To change a channel, put in
http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/<http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/info/getOptions>
/tv/tune?major=chan_num

The functions return the data in JSON format.

I'm probably going to write a wrapper program to change channels using this
instead of my serial port if it proves reliable and DirecTV doesn't take it
away. I think this is fantastic.

Hope others find this neat.
Steve

oliver.greg at gmail

Oct 24, 2010, 7:16 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Steve Harrington
<steve [at] the-harringtons> wrote:
> Ran a port scan this morning of all my devices and noticed on my DirecTV H23
> boxes there's now some web commands that can be run on port 8080.
>
> To access, put in a web
> browser http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/info/getOptions
>
> To change a channel, put
> in http://directv_receiver_ip:8080//tv/tune?major=chan_num
> The functions return the data in JSON format.
>
> I'm probably going to write a wrapper program to change channels using this
> instead of my serial port if it proves reliable and DirecTV doesn't take it
> away.  I think this is fantastic.
>
> Hope others find this neat.
> Steve

This is excellent! It will definitely help me *persuade* the rest of
the family to start using mythtv when the directv dvrs start *acting
up* :) I cannot believe they left this open like they did.

gravityhammer at gmail

Oct 24, 2010, 7:28 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Steve Harrington
> <steve [at] the-harringtons> wrote:
>> Ran a port scan this morning of all my devices and noticed on my DirecTV H23
>> boxes there's now some web commands that can be run on port 8080.
>>
>> To access, put in a web
>> browser http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/info/getOptions
>>
>> To change a channel, put
>> in http://directv_receiver_ip:8080//tv/tune?major=chan_num
>> The functions return the data in JSON format.
>>
>> I'm probably going to write a wrapper program to change channels using this
>> instead of my serial port if it proves reliable and DirecTV doesn't take it
>> away.  I think this is fantastic.
>>
>> Hope others find this neat.
>> Steve
>
> This is excellent!  It will definitely help me *persuade* the rest of
> the family to start using mythtv when the directv dvrs start *acting
> up*   :)  I cannot believe they left this open like they did.

They did it for system integrators. In fact, a little bit of googling
can turn up the full protocol document, I'd bet ;)

pturpin+mythtv at gmail

Oct 24, 2010, 9:13 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer [at] gmail> wrote:
> They did it for system integrators.  In fact, a little bit of googling
> can turn up the full protocol document, I'd bet ;)

For me it didn't turn up details on the protocol, instead someones
DirecTV receive that is open to the whole internet. In either case it
looks very promising and seems it should eliminate the need to get the
serial to USB converter.

Initially i was hoping that it might be useful for producing some sort
of channel scan script, to be able to easily see what channels I
currently have purchased. However in the getTuned info i am not seeing
any indication of that.

steve at the-harringtons

Oct 25, 2010, 5:59 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Steve Harrington
<steve [at] the-harringtons> wrote:

> Ran a port scan this morning of all my devices and noticed on my DirecTV H23 boxes there's now some web commands that can be run on port 8080.
>
> To access, put in a web browser http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/info/getOptions
>
> To change a channel, put in http://directv_receiver_ip:8080/tv/tune?major=chan_num
> The functions return the data in JSON format.
>
> I'm probably going to write a wrapper program to change channels using this instead of my serial port if it proves reliable and DirecTV doesn't take it away.  I think this is fantastic.
>
> Hope others find this neat.
> Steve

Attached is my first crack at a script.  I'm pretty green at perl so
this is quite a hack, but it works.  The script takes the following
arguments:

Always list the IP address of the receiver first.
Next, type "tune" to change the channel, or "getTuned" to display the
JSON for the current listing
If you chose "tune", now enter the channel number

I found that on my Ubuntu installation, I had to install the JSON
library using CPAN.  I followed these instructions:

sudo cpan
install JSON
exit

Let me know what you think.
Steve
Attachments: directv_http.pl (1.29 KB)

dbadia at gmail

Oct 28, 2010, 7:39 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

Nice discovery. So far my testing has gone very well with IP control
and your script (I did add some exit codes to make it easier to call
from other scripts).
Hopefully IP will be more stable than using the serial port which has
always required periodic reboots of the DTV boxes for me. This looks
very promising so far, I'm going to switch one of backends to use IP
control and fallback to serial only if it fails.
I typically shy away from any mythtv mods in the fall as it's our most
critical time of year (TV premieres and football) but I think I have
to make an exception in this case.

Dave

steve at the-harringtons

Oct 29, 2010, 8:35 AM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Dave Badia <dbadia [at] gmail> wrote:
> Nice discovery.  So far my testing has gone very well with IP control
> and your script (I did add some exit codes to make it easier to call
> from other scripts).
> Hopefully IP will be more stable than using the serial port which has
> always required periodic reboots of the DTV boxes for me.  This looks
> very promising so far, I'm going to switch one of backends to use IP
> control and fallback to serial only if it fails.
> I typically shy away from any mythtv mods in the fall as it's our most
> critical time of year (TV premieres and football) but I think I have
> to make an exception in this case.
>
> Dave

Thanks! Can you add your mods to the script on the wiki?

http://mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_%28STB%29_via_Network

dsblakewatson at gmail

Oct 30, 2010, 5:18 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

So...how do you get the IP address of your DTV box? Do you plug it into your
LAN?

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Dave Badia <dbadia [at] gmail> wrote:

> Nice discovery. So far my testing has gone very well with IP control
> and your script (I did add some exit codes to make it easier to call
> from other scripts).
> Hopefully IP will be more stable than using the serial port which has
> always required periodic reboots of the DTV boxes for me. This looks
> very promising so far, I'm going to switch one of backends to use IP
> control and fallback to serial only if it fails.
> I typically shy away from any mythtv mods in the fall as it's our most
> critical time of year (TV premieres and football) but I think I have
> to make an exception in this case.
>
> Dave

steve at the-harringtons

Oct 31, 2010, 8:18 AM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM, blake <dsblakewatson [at] gmail> wrote:
> So...how do you get the IP address of your DTV box? Do you plug it into your
> LAN?
>
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Dave Badia <dbadia [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> Nice discovery.  So far my testing has gone very well with IP control
>> and your script (I did add some exit codes to make it easier to call
>> from other scripts).
>> Hopefully IP will be more stable than using the serial port which has
>> always required periodic reboots of the DTV boxes for me.  This looks
>> very promising so far, I'm going to switch one of backends to use IP
>> control and fallback to serial only if it fails.
>> I typically shy away from any mythtv mods in the fall as it's our most
>> critical time of year (TV premieres and football) but I think I have
>> to make an exception in this case.
>>
>> Dave

Yes. I plugged mine in and checked my router for the IP address of
the receiver. Then I made sure that the IP address was always the
same by using the "DHCP Reservation" functionality of the router. I
believe it is also possible to assign the receiver a static IP as
well.

jmk at foofus

Nov 1, 2010, 10:15 AM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 11:18 -0400, Steve Harrington wrote:
> Yes. I plugged mine in and checked my router for the IP address of
> the receiver. Then I made sure that the IP address was always the
> same by using the "DHCP Reservation" functionality of the router. I
> believe it is also possible to assign the receiver a static IP as
> well.

You are correct -- Within the System Setup/Network menu, you can set a
static IP. I moved my H21 over to your script this weekend and so far no
issues. If only my D11 also had an ethernet port, then I could be done
with the serial connections entirely.

Thanks for this discovery!

Joe

jdesalvo at gmail

Nov 5, 2010, 12:50 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

Works well on my H24 receiver. Tho I'm having trouble getting it to
change to HD channels on a sub-channel. Trying to tune to 470-1 will
make the web service hang for a minute and not change. 470-1 does work
on the serial port. Any one else run into this?

oliver.greg at gmail

Nov 5, 2010, 1:41 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jim DeSalvo <jdesalvo [at] gmail> wrote:
> Works well on my H24 receiver.  Tho I'm having trouble getting it to change
> to HD channels on a sub-channel.  Trying to tune to 470-1 will make the web
> service hang for a minute and not change.  470-1 does work on the serial
> port.  Any one else run into this?

I have not seen directv use xxx-x channel schemes. On all of the H23s
here they are either xxx or xxxx format.. Maybe I should revisit (in
my attempt to 100% migrate rom dtv, I have refused to watch one of the
receivers in over 6 months)..

Of course, they're still here anyhow :)

jdesalvo at gmail

Nov 5, 2010, 1:59 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

Ya - there aren't many xxx-1 channels but there still are a few. I
tuned to the channel the old fashioned way (aka Remote Control) and then
went to /tv/getTuned. Here is the output:
{
"audioTrack": "English DD",
"callsign": "MLS",
"category": {
"advisories": [],
"post": [],
"pre": []
},
"credits": {
"actor": [],
"author": [],
"director": []
},
"date": 0,
"description": "No Information available",
"duration": 4294967295,
"episodeTitle": "",
"isHd": false,
"isPclocked": 3,
"isPpv": false,
"isRecording": false,
"isVod": false,
"major": 470,
"minor": 1,
"programId": "369150",
"rating": "No Rating",
"startTime": 1287972336,
"stationId": 5554035,
"status": {
"code": 200,
"msg": "OK",
"query": "/tv/getTuned"
},
"title": "To Be Announced"
}

Notice the entry "minor': 1
now if I just go to channel 470 (no -1) the getTuned returns "minor": 65535
I have no doubt this will work - it will just take some guess work or
documentation.

On 11/5/2010 4:41 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jim DeSalvo<jdesalvo [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Works well on my H24 receiver. Tho I'm having trouble getting it to change
>> to HD channels on a sub-channel. Trying to tune to 470-1 will make the web
>> service hang for a minute and not change. 470-1 does work on the serial
>> port. Any one else run into this?
> I have not seen directv use xxx-x channel schemes. On all of the H23s
> here they are either xxx or xxxx format.. Maybe I should revisit (in
> my attempt to 100% migrate rom dtv, I have refused to watch one of the
> receivers in over 6 months)..
>
> Of course, they're still here anyhow :)

steve at the-harringtons

Nov 5, 2010, 2:16 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Jim DeSalvo <jdesalvo [at] gmail> wrote:
> Ya - there aren't many xxx-1 channels but there still are a few.  I tuned to
> the channel the old fashioned way (aka Remote Control) and then went to
> /tv/getTuned.  Here is the output:
> {
>  "audioTrack": "English DD",
>  "callsign": "MLS",
>  "category": {
>    "advisories": [],
>    "post": [],
>    "pre": []
>  },
>  "credits": {
>    "actor": [],
>    "author": [],
>    "director": []
>  },
>  "date": 0,
>  "description": "No Information available",
>  "duration": 4294967295,
>  "episodeTitle": "",
>  "isHd": false,
>  "isPclocked": 3,
>  "isPpv": false,
>  "isRecording": false,
>  "isVod": false,
>  "major": 470,
>  "minor": 1,
>  "programId": "369150",
>  "rating": "No Rating",
>  "startTime": 1287972336,
>  "stationId": 5554035,
>  "status": {
>    "code": 200,
>    "msg": "OK",
>    "query": "/tv/getTuned"
>  },
>  "title": "To Be Announced"
> }
>

> Notice the entry "minor': 1
> now if I just go to channel 470 (no -1) the getTuned returns "minor": 65535
> I have no doubt this will work - it will just take some guess work or
> documentation.
>
> On 11/5/2010 4:41 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jim DeSalvo<jdesalvo [at] gmail>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Works well on my H24 receiver.  Tho I'm having trouble getting it to
>>> change
>>> to HD channels on a sub-channel.  Trying to tune to 470-1 will make the
>>> web
>>> service hang for a minute and not change.  470-1 does work on the serial
>>> port.  Any one else run into this?
>>
>> I have not seen directv use xxx-x channel schemes.  On all of the H23s
>> here they are either xxx or xxxx format..  Maybe I should revisit (in
>> my attempt to 100% migrate rom dtv, I have refused to watch one of the
>> receivers in over 6 months)..
>>
>> Of course, they're still here anyhow  :)

jdesalvo at gmail

Nov 5, 2010, 2:22 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

The following URL will tune to 470-1:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/tv/tune?major=470&minor=1

Just in time to tune to the MLS Playoff Game!

steve at the-harringtons

Nov 5, 2010, 5:31 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Steve Harrington
<steve [at] the-harringtons> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Jim DeSalvo <jdesalvo [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Ya - there aren't many xxx-1 channels but there still are a few.  I tuned to
>> the channel the old fashioned way (aka Remote Control) and then went to
>> /tv/getTuned.  Here is the output:
>> {
>>  "audioTrack": "English DD",
>>  "callsign": "MLS",
>>  "category": {
>>    "advisories": [],
>>    "post": [],
>>    "pre": []
>>  },
>>  "credits": {
>>    "actor": [],
>>    "author": [],
>>    "director": []
>>  },
>>  "date": 0,
>>  "description": "No Information available",
>>  "duration": 4294967295,
>>  "episodeTitle": "",
>>  "isHd": false,
>>  "isPclocked": 3,
>>  "isPpv": false,
>>  "isRecording": false,
>>  "isVod": false,
>>  "major": 470,
>>  "minor": 1,
>>  "programId": "369150",
>>  "rating": "No Rating",
>>  "startTime": 1287972336,
>>  "stationId": 5554035,
>>  "status": {
>>    "code": 200,
>>    "msg": "OK",
>>    "query": "/tv/getTuned"
>>  },
>>  "title": "To Be Announced"
>> }
>>

>> Notice the entry "minor': 1
>> now if I just go to channel 470 (no -1) the getTuned returns "minor": 65535
>> I have no doubt this will work - it will just take some guess work or
>> documentation.

>>> I have not seen directv use xxx-x channel schemes.  On all of the H23s
>>> here they are either xxx or xxxx format..  Maybe I should revisit (in
>>> my attempt to 100% migrate rom dtv, I have refused to watch one of the
>>> receivers in over 6 months)..
>>>
>>> Of course, they're still here anyhow  :)
>>

> I think I can parse this and make it work.  I'll give it a try.

New script uploaded to the wiki. It will accommodate XXX-X channels
and tune correctly now.

steve at the-harringtons

Nov 5, 2010, 5:39 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Steve Harrington
<steve [at] the-harringtons> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Steve Harrington
> <steve [at] the-harringtons> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Jim DeSalvo <jdesalvo [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> Ya - there aren't many xxx-1 channels but there still are a few.  I tuned to
>>> the channel the old fashioned way (aka Remote Control) and then went to
>>> /tv/getTuned.  Here is the output:
>>> {
>>>  "audioTrack": "English DD",
>>>  "callsign": "MLS",
>>>  "category": {
>>>    "advisories": [],
>>>    "post": [],
>>>    "pre": []
>>>  },
>>>  "credits": {
>>>    "actor": [],
>>>    "author": [],
>>>    "director": []
>>>  },
>>>  "date": 0,
>>>  "description": "No Information available",
>>>  "duration": 4294967295,
>>>  "episodeTitle": "",
>>>  "isHd": false,
>>>  "isPclocked": 3,
>>>  "isPpv": false,
>>>  "isRecording": false,
>>>  "isVod": false,
>>>  "major": 470,
>>>  "minor": 1,
>>>  "programId": "369150",
>>>  "rating": "No Rating",
>>>  "startTime": 1287972336,
>>>  "stationId": 5554035,
>>>  "status": {
>>>    "code": 200,
>>>    "msg": "OK",
>>>    "query": "/tv/getTuned"
>>>  },
>>>  "title": "To Be Announced"
>>> }
>>>

>>> Notice the entry "minor': 1
>>> now if I just go to channel 470 (no -1) the getTuned returns "minor": 65535
>>> I have no doubt this will work - it will just take some guess work or
>>> documentation.

>> I think I can parse this and make it work.  I'll give it a try.
>>

> New script uploaded to the wiki.  It will accommodate XXX-X channels
> and tune correctly now.

Also note the timeout value I added to the script. Now called by:

<script_name> <ip> <timeout_seconds> tune chan-x

jdesalvo at gmail

Nov 5, 2010, 5:54 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

Installed and working like a charm. Excellent work!

jmk at foofus

Nov 21, 2010, 2:07 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

Hi,

I've been using the DirecTV HTTP service for channel changing for the
past few weeks. Unfortunately, it seems to have died on me sometime this
past week. Connections to 8080/tcp either give a 403 (forbidden) or
simply drop the connection (which is the most frequent result). I've
bounced the box a few times with no improvement. I've also reconnected
my USB cable that I used for years and that's failing now (excessive
retry error).

My only guess at this point is that DirecTV fubar'd the box. It reports
that it was updated to 0x4440 on Tuesday 11/16 2:25AM. This corresponds
to when I started seeing issues.

Has anyone else run into these problems? Is there a way to rollback
firmware on a H21 and then lock it at that version?

Thanks,
Joe

oliver.greg at gmail

Nov 21, 2010, 5:35 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On 11/21/2010 04:07 PM, jmk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using the DirecTV HTTP service for channel changing for the
> past few weeks. Unfortunately, it seems to have died on me sometime this
> past week. Connections to 8080/tcp either give a 403 (forbidden) or
> simply drop the connection (which is the most frequent result). I've
> bounced the box a few times with no improvement. I've also reconnected
> my USB cable that I used for years and that's failing now (excessive
> retry error).
>
> My only guess at this point is that DirecTV fubar'd the box. It reports
> that it was updated to 0x4440 on Tuesday 11/16 2:25AM. This corresponds
> to when I started seeing issues.
>
> Has anyone else run into these problems? Is there a way to rollback
> firmware on a H21 and then lock it at that version?

I was looking into this earlier today. I have (2) HR23 and (1) HR21.

The 23s still work as usual, but the 21 never actually returns anything
(even though the channel changes). By wrapping the LWP call into an
eval, it will let the channel change script return after a timeout.
Currently it will just sit there forever I guess.

I moved a revo/hdpvr to a different receiver since I had to leave. A
note as well. I have the whole home dvr service from them, and it *does
not* use those ports. It is all encrypted https traffic on a separate
interface.

jmk at foofus

Nov 21, 2010, 8:28 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 19:35 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I was looking into this earlier today. I have (2) HR23 and (1) HR21.
>
> The 23s still work as usual, but the 21 never actually returns anything
> (even though the channel changes). By wrapping the LWP call into an
> eval, it will let the channel change script return after a timeout.
> Currently it will just sit there forever I guess.

I hadn't noticed the channel does actually change. I had missed a
recording earlier today and manual getTuned/tune requests all seemed to
indicate failure. The missed recording may have been due to the H21 just
getting into a funky state. It seems to be working now. I guess I'll
just ignore the fact that it now returns an error on tuning and not use
getTuned to test things anymore.

Thanks,
Joe

oliver.greg at gmail

Nov 21, 2010, 9:45 PM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On 11/21/2010 10:28 PM, jmk wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 19:35 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> I was looking into this earlier today. I have (2) HR23 and (1) HR21.
>>
>> The 23s still work as usual, but the 21 never actually returns anything
>> (even though the channel changes). By wrapping the LWP call into an
>> eval, it will let the channel change script return after a timeout.
>> Currently it will just sit there forever I guess.
>
> I hadn't noticed the channel does actually change. I had missed a
> recording earlier today and manual getTuned/tune requests all seemed to
> indicate failure. The missed recording may have been due to the H21 just
> getting into a funky state. It seems to be working now. I guess I'll
> just ignore the fact that it now returns an error on tuning and not use
> getTuned to test things anymore.

The recording will fail because the channel change script never returns
(success or failure).

I'll play with it tomorrow. My recorders are busy tonight. Like I
said, wrapping an eval around the post in the script is a workaround,
but I'll grab some packets from my hr21 to see what's happening.

> Thanks,
> Joe

oliver.greg at gmail

Nov 22, 2010, 4:51 AM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On 11/21/2010 11:45 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On 11/21/2010 10:28 PM, jmk wrote:
>> On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 19:35 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>> I was looking into this earlier today. I have (2) HR23 and (1) HR21.
>>>
>>> The 23s still work as usual, but the 21 never actually returns anything
>>> (even though the channel changes). By wrapping the LWP call into an
>>> eval, it will let the channel change script return after a timeout.
>>> Currently it will just sit there forever I guess.
>>
>> I hadn't noticed the channel does actually change. I had missed a
>> recording earlier today and manual getTuned/tune requests all seemed to
>> indicate failure. The missed recording may have been due to the H21 just
>> getting into a funky state. It seems to be working now. I guess I'll
>> just ignore the fact that it now returns an error on tuning and not use
>> getTuned to test things anymore.
>
> The recording will fail because the channel change script never returns
> (success or failure).
>
> I'll play with it tomorrow. My recorders are busy tonight. Like I said,
> wrapping an eval around the post in the script is a workaround, but I'll
> grab some packets from my hr21 to see what's happening.

Hmmmm. This morning, all is right with the universe I guess.. All of
the receivers are responding properly. I should have checked before I
connected a hub between those network segments and grabbed packet
captures. Waste of time. I do not know what the glitch was yesterday,
but I did double check my receivers and my HR21 that was experiencing
issues yesterday has not been updated since 8/23. Definitely not in
line with your observations (plus I see no unauthorized messages, etc).

-Greg

jmk at foofus

Nov 22, 2010, 10:15 AM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 06:51 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Hmmmm. This morning, all is right with the universe I guess.. All of
> the receivers are responding properly. I should have checked before I
> connected a hub between those network segments and grabbed packet
> captures. Waste of time. I do not know what the glitch was yesterday,
> but I did double check my receivers and my HR21 that was experiencing
> issues yesterday has not been updated since 8/23. Definitely not in
> line with your observations (plus I see no unauthorized messages, etc).

The "getTuned" request works fine on your H21? Here's what I'm seeing
for that query:

% echo 'GET /tv/getTuned HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n'|netcat 192.168.1.5 8080
HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:04:41 GMT
Reason: Command(s) disabled.

{"status": {
"code": 403,
"msg": "Forbidden. Command(s) disabled.",
"query": "/tv/getTuned"
}}

After further testing, the "tune" command does still work for me. I'm
not sure what happened yesterday morning that caused it to fail,
resulting in a missed recording. I performed a few manual tune requests
and the response is now "OK.", where I think it was previously "OK". A
minor adjustment to the script to match that and it no longer spits out
an error.

% echo 'GET /tv/tune?major=206 HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n'|netcat 192.168.1.5 8080
HTTP/1.0 200 OK.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:04:21 GMT

{"status": {
"code": 200,
"msg": "OK.",
"query": "/tv/tune?major=206"
}}

Joe

oliver.greg at gmail

Nov 22, 2010, 10:46 AM

Re: DirecTV HTTP Server [In reply to]

On 11/22/2010 12:15 PM, jmk wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 06:51 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> Hmmmm. This morning, all is right with the universe I guess.. All of
>> the receivers are responding properly. I should have checked before I
>> connected a hub between those network segments and grabbed packet
>> captures. Waste of time. I do not know what the glitch was yesterday,
>> but I did double check my receivers and my HR21 that was experiencing
>> issues yesterday has not been updated since 8/23. Definitely not in
>> line with your observations (plus I see no unauthorized messages, etc).
>
> The "getTuned" request works fine on your H21? Here's what I'm seeing
> for that query:
>
> % echo 'GET /tv/getTuned HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n'|netcat 192.168.1.5 8080
> HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden.
> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:04:41 GMT
> Reason: Command(s) disabled.
>
> {"status": {
> "code": 403,
> "msg": "Forbidden. Command(s) disabled.",
> "query": "/tv/getTuned"
> }}
>
> After further testing, the "tune" command does still work for me. I'm
> not sure what happened yesterday morning that caused it to fail,
> resulting in a missed recording. I performed a few manual tune requests
> and the response is now "OK.", where I think it was previously "OK". A
> minor adjustment to the script to match that and it no longer spits out
> an error.
>
> % echo 'GET /tv/tune?major=206 HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n'|netcat 192.168.1.5 8080
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK.
> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:04:21 GMT
>
> {"status": {
> "code": 200,
> "msg": "OK.",
> "query": "/tv/tune?major=206"
> }}

I have never used getTuned.. Not really a use in it for me.. My hr21
was tuning yesterday morning, but the script was not returning success,
so I imagine mythtv was not moving on. I do not know - did not have
time to debug it.

I am almost done with my script to pull all of the HDDVR recorded shows
into mythtv so I can record them off. That was always a "manually done"
plan, but now that there is a web interface to tune and play, it will be
easy... Then I can start retiring these things..

Hmmm, interesting - these dual-tuner directv dvrs would allow me to have
3 recordings at once -

1. Mythtv actually recording from the DVR a previously hddvr recorded
program
2. hddvr recording prog 1
3. hddvr recording prog 2

I could then 1 at a time all of them each night from the dvr to myth..
Does anyone know how to get an xmltv entry approved and put into myth?
A quick search on my system seem to point that they are all compiled in.
I'll just make up my own channels and guide data and manually insert
them to prove the concept to myself :)

The data returned from the hddvrs has all of the info needed to
completely fill in the guide. Albeit, the specifics do not match any
xmltvinfo number scheme....

I'll make 1 channel per recording with it playing continuously 24x7 on
that channel. Then if I set a low recording priority on all of those
channels, and set them all to record anytie on this channel, it will
grab them all when the hdpvr is going to be free.. Delete the recording
from the hddvr, and the listing goes away in the mythtv guide..

Hmmm, this could be fun..