Mailing List Archive: DRBD: Users

CVS?

DRBD users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

olive at example

CVS?

Hi Philipp,

I'm about to fix the problem with the kernel threads keeping their cwd on
the directory the module was loaded in, but the CVS server is denying
access... what happened?

[]!
Fábio
( Fábio Olivé Leite -* ConectivaLinux *- olive [at] example[.br] )
( PPGC/UFRGS MSc candidate -*- Advisor: Taisy Silva Weber )
( Linux - Distributed Systems - Fault Tolerance - Security - /etc )

olive at example

Re: CVS? [In reply to]

Hi,

) Well, it's working again. :)

:)

) Well Philipp Richter, the owner of ist.org, decided to put his
) alpha in place of the old ist.org, without telling anyone before !!
)
) ( If such a thing happens again, I will move drbd's CVS to
) sourceforge. )

OK, no problem.

I noticed a dumb bug in drbd's initscript, where it may define MASTER_IF
and SLAVE_IF inside the script, and if the next device does not set them,
it reuses the old values, causing them to be left unconfigured. The fix is
simple, I'll commit it in a minute.

That little bug in the kernel threads, that makes them keep the current
working directory of modprobe in module insert time, is a bit harder to
solve, I tried just to use exit_fs(current) together with the exit_mm and
exit_files, but the kernel was oopsing, so it might be needed. I'll
investigate the better way to point those directories to /, so at least
they won't bug anyone else.

See ya!

Re: CVS? [In reply to]

Hi Philipp,

) I would guess, that they have the cwd of drbdsetup, becuase the
) first thread is started from drbdsetup's call to ioctl().

Yes, that's it. If I can't make it work with exit_fs(), I'll have it chdir
to the root directory.

I've checked with the other kernel threads (like in mdrecoveryd, etc) and
they all seem to call exit_fs(), but it seems drbd's threads need to have
a valid fs structure (judging from the oppses). If that is the case, we
should at least have them stay in the root dir, so that they won't
interfere with other mounts.

[]! :)

Re: CVS? [In reply to]

Hi,

) It's even possible to solve this in userspace. Simply chdir to /
) in drbdsetup.

That works if you consider that drbdsetup will allways be the only tool
configuring drbd... I really think that puting that inside the module
wouldn't hurt anyone. :)

Re: CVS? [In reply to]

Hi!

) it works with exit_fs(current); but it is neccessary to remove
) current->fs->umask = 0; because fs points to zero then.

Duh! Didn't see that one... :))

Please see the e-mail on drbd-devel! :)