philipp.reisner at linbit
Aug 30, 2012, 8:19 AM
Post #1 of 1
The test clusters are running hot, but it is really looking good
now. The new request code that was backported from the 9 branch,
caused a few bugs, but I think that is sorted out now.
Please give it a try and try to break it. We want to hear from
you before September 6!
Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!
* Fixed IO resuming after connection was established before fence
peer handler returned
* Fixed an issue in the state engine that could cause state lockup
with multiple volumes
* Fixed multiple issues with postponed requests (introduced with 8.4.2rc1)
* Complete requests that reached completion state while IO was
frozen. (Introduced with 8.4.2rc1)
* Write all pages of the bitmap if it gets moved during an
online resize operation. (This issue was introduced with 8.3.10)
* Fixed a locking with the callbacks of the listening socket.
(Issue found by lockdep, introduced with 8.4.2rc1)
* Fixed a race condition could cause DRBD to go through a
NetworkFailure state during disconnect
* Fixed issues with the new request code that caused "BAD!"
messages (introduced with 8.4.2rc1)
* Fixed a race condition in the disconnect code path that
could lead to a BUG() (introduced with 8.4.0)
* Fixed a write ordering problem on SyncTarget nodes for a write to a block
that gets resynced at the same time. The bug can only be triggered with a
device that has a firmware that actually reorders writes to the same
block (merged from 8.3.13)
* Fixed a potential deadlock during restart of conflicting writes
* All fixes that went into 8.3.13
* Removed a null pointer access when using on-congestion policy on a
* In case of a graceful detach under IO load, wait for the outstanding
IO. (As opposed to aborting IOs as a forcefully detach does)
* Reinstate disabling AL updates with invalidate-remote (8.4.0 regression)
* Reinstate the 'disk-barrier no', 'disk-flushes no', and 'disk-drain no'
switches (8.4.0 regression)
* Backported the request code from DRBD-9. Improves handling of many corner
* Support FLUSH/FUA bio flags
* Made the establishing of connections faster
* New option 'al-updates no' to disable writing transactions into the
activity log. It is use full if you prefer a full sync after a primary
crash, for improved performance of a spread out random write work load
* Expose the data generation identifies via sysfs
* "--stop" option for online verify to specify a stop sector
drbd-user mailing list
drbd-user [at] lists