Mailing List Archive: DRBD: Users

missing scripts or do I have to make them by myself?

DRBD users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

cbastos at connection

Mar 19, 2012, 9:33 AM

missing scripts or do I have to make them by myself?

Hi.

We have an old cluster made of OCFS2 running over DRBD using the heartbeat protocol. Now we are
moving to DRBD + OCFS2 + Pacemaker.
Following the steps from the user's manual I tried to make this configuration:

disk {
fencing resource-and-stonith;
}
handlers {
outdate-peer "/sbin/make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh"
}

When i try to start the DRBD it wont start, I searched for the file
"make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh" and I couldnt locate it ont the system. Also
searching the internet was of no help.
I downloaded the sources of DRBD versions drbd-8.3 and drbd-8.4, and loocked after the files
"make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh" and "/sbin/kill-other-node.sh" that is refered by
the 8.4 user's guide but i couldnt find any of them.

Please, can someone tell what is the solution for this issue or where can I get those files?

Best Regards,
Carlos

florian at hastexo

Mar 19, 2012, 10:04 AM

Re: missing scripts or do I have to make them by myself? [In reply to]

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Carlos Xavier
<cbastos [at] connection> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We have an old cluster made of OCFS2 running over DRBD using the heartbeat
> protocol. Now we are moving to DRBD + OCFS2 + Pacemaker.
> Following the steps from the user's manual I tried to make this
> configuration:
>
> disk {
>       fencing resource-and-stonith;
> }
> handlers {
>       outdate-peer "/sbin/make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh"
> }

Yeah, no way to tell who put that in there. It's not in the doc
sources hosted at git://git.drbd.org/drbd-documentation.git; I wonder
if anyone bothers pushing to that anymore.

Anyway, that script name is a placeholder. I incidentally wrote a
script that does what such a script is expected to do just a little
while back; the commit is at
http://git.drbd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=commit;h=e56fd51a2ccc85699bc1b86c3d5c60a57ac9c781
-- feel free to test.

Hope this helps.
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now

lists at alteeve

Mar 19, 2012, 10:04 AM

Re: missing scripts or do I have to make them by myself? [In reply to]

On 03/19/2012 12:33 PM, Carlos Xavier wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We have an old cluster made of OCFS2 running over DRBD using the
> heartbeat protocol. Now we are moving to DRBD + OCFS2 + Pacemaker.
> Following the steps from the user's manual I tried to make this
> configuration:
>
> disk {
> fencing resource-and-stonith;
> }
> handlers {
> outdate-peer "/sbin/make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh"
> }
>
> When i try to start the DRBD it wont start, I searched for the file
> "make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh" and I couldnt locate it
> ont the system. Also searching the internet was of no help.
> I downloaded the sources of DRBD versions drbd-8.3 and drbd-8.4, and
> loocked after the files "make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh"
> and "/sbin/kill-other-node.sh" that is refered by the 8.4 user's guide
> but i couldnt find any of them.
>
> Please, can someone tell what is the solution for this issue or where
> can I get those files?
>
> Best Regards,
> Carlos

You want "crm-fence-peer.sh" for hooking into pacemaker's fencing.

--
Alteeve's Niche!
Madison Kelly 647-501-5200

florian at hastexo

Mar 19, 2012, 10:06 AM

Re: missing scripts or do I have to make them by myself? [In reply to]

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Digimer <lists [at] alteeve> wrote:
> On 03/19/2012 12:33 PM, Carlos Xavier wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> We have an old cluster made of OCFS2 running over DRBD using the
>> heartbeat protocol. Now we are moving to DRBD + OCFS2 + Pacemaker.
>> Following the steps from the user's manual I tried to make this
>> configuration:
>>
>> disk {
>>        fencing resource-and-stonith;
>> }
>> handlers {
>>        outdate-peer "/sbin/make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh"
>> }
>>
>> When i try to start the DRBD it wont start, I searched for the file
>> "make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh" and I couldnt locate it
>> ont the system. Also searching the internet was of no help.
>> I downloaded the sources of DRBD versions drbd-8.3 and drbd-8.4, and
>> loocked after the files "make-sure-the-other-node-is-confirmed-dead.sh"
>> and "/sbin/kill-other-node.sh" that is refered by the 8.4 user's guide
>> but i couldnt find any of them.
>>
>> Please, can someone tell what is the solution for this issue or where
>> can I get those files?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Carlos
>
> You want "crm-fence-peer.sh" for hooking into pacemaker's fencing.

No he doesn't. Not for dual-primary.

Florian