Mailing List Archive: DRBD: Users

Metadata question

DRBD users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

peter at datentraeger

Jan 9, 2012, 4:20 AM

Metadata question

Hi guys,

I have a question:

If I use a partition with 1 TB, I should create a 33 MB metadata
partition.
What if I resize the 1TB partition ? Now the (internal) metadata
partition
should be resized too ? Or will it automatically attached at the end ?
How does that exactly work ?

Best Regards
Peter

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
-- The GNU Manifesto

andreas at hastexo

Jan 10, 2012, 3:32 AM

Re: Metadata question [In reply to]

Hello,

On 01/09/2012 01:41 PM, Peter Beck wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question:
>
> If I use a partition with 1 TB, I should create a 33 MB metadata partition.
> What if I resize the 1TB partition ? Now the (internal) metadata partition
> should be resized too ? Or will it automatically attached at the end ?
> How does that exactly work ?

use internal meta-data and all is done automagically for you ... and
yes, on an online resize of the DRBD device the meta-data is also
resized and moved to the (new) end of the underlying device.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with DRBD?
http://www.hastexo.com/now

> Best Regards
> Peter

Attachments: signature.asc (0.28 KB)

DRBD users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded