Mailing List Archive: DRBD: Users

Configure DRDB afterwards?

DRBD users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik

Dec 9, 2011, 3:30 AM

Configure DRDB afterwards?

Hi,

is it possible afterwards to have an logical volume to be mirrored to a second
machine by DRDB?

Our backups are stored on disk and I'm thinking about to have a second machine
to have this mirrored. But I have no change to copy 30 TB somewhere and
restore it after I had configured DRDB.

Regards,
Marc

Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik

Dec 9, 2011, 4:27 AM

Re: Configure DRDB afterwards? [In reply to]

Am 09.12.2011 13:24, schrieb Florian Haas:
> Of course. All you need to do is make room for the DRBD metadata.
>
> If the replicated data set is 30 TB, then the required space for DRBD
> metadata is about 960MB. So if you can extend your LV by that amount,
> you can do so, configure DRBD to use internal metadata, and then add
> your second box and synchronize.

Thanks for that information. I'll have a look on it next week.

> Btw, please: DR_BD_; it's not a database. :)

Ups. :-)