philipp.reisner at linbit
Feb 1, 2004, 1:57 PM
It is nearly two month that I release the last prerelease of
DRBD-0.7, and therefore a lot has happened in the mean time.
* -pre4, builds, loads, and even survives the some basic
tests on _LINUX-2.6.1_ !
* It looks already quite good on Linux-2.4.x
The things that are missing/broken (I remember now)
* Online resizing will fail with internal metadata
* The alternative to "do_panic" is still not yet implemented
What you should check out:
* All the activity-log and persistant bitmap work is finished
and in very good shape. You well never again have to wait
until a FullSync is done.
* The drbdadm tool
Unfortunately the only available documentation are the comments
in the samle configuration file.
BTW, drbdadm will look first for /etc/drbd-07.conf and then for
/etc/drbd.conf, while drbd-0.6 only looks for /etc/drbd.conf
!!! BIG WARNING !!!
Although it might work quite well in some tests, this is
development code. Do not think about replacing drbd-0.6.10
on your production system with this.