philipp.reisner at linbit
Dec 20, 2010, 9:32 AM
Post #1 of 1
This time we have a pretty short change log, but some of those
short lines have a lot of work in them.
DRBD now scales to petabyte devices (on 64 bit platforms)!
The other big change is the introduction of the Ahead/Behind mode.
It is intended for setups where it is more important to have low IO
latencies that an up-to-date mirror. This can be important for long
Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!
* Fixed a subtle performance degradation that might affected synchronous
work loads (databases) (introduced in 8.3.9)
* Fixed a locking regression (introduced in 8.3.9)
* Fixed on-no-data-accessible for Primary, SyncTarget nodes (Bugz 332)
* Progress bar for online verify
* Optionally use the resync speed control loop code for the online verify
process as well
* Added code to detect false positives when using data-integrity-alg
* New config option on-congestion and new connection states ahead and behind
* Reduced IO latencies during resync, bitmap exchange and temporal states
* Only build a single kernel module package on distributions that provide
the infrastructure to have kernel version independent modules
* On 64bit architectures allow device sizes up to one petabyte
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: LINBIT | Your Way to High Availability
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82
DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.
drbd-announce mailing list
drbd-announce [at] lists