Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users
Sieve redirect and SPF

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

harald.leithner at itronic

Jul 25, 2012, 2:44 AM

Sieve redirect and SPF

Hi,

I got a problem with mail forwarding and SPF entries...

The problem is that forwarded mails has the "From"-part of the sender for
example gmx.at, GMX has an SPF entry to drop mails not coming from there
servers, so the receiving mail server bounces the mail...

There is a solution for this its called Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS), I'm
not sure where the best way is to implement it but a good place would be
the sort_redirect function in DBmail or should it really be done by the
MTA?

A lib for this problem could be found at http://www.libsrs2.org/

Would/Could someone implement it?

regards