Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users

sieve vacation

DBMail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pegasus at nerv

Jul 25, 2012, 1:54 AM

sieve vacation

Hello,

I have a customer complaining that when setting up a vacation rule in sieve, not all sendes get a vacation reply.

I'd like to clarify if the bug is in her expectations or somewhere in our setup or in dbmail sieve code, however it is not immediately obvious how sieve works in dbmail.

Where does sieve store its state about which senders it already answered?

What logging level do I have to set to see what sieve is doing?

The only hint I get about sieve generated messages is when I see a pickup line in postfix logs from user dbmail runs under. Could this be improved somehow?

Thanks for answers.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org

paul at nfg

Aug 1, 2012, 4:27 AM

Re: sieve vacation [In reply to]

On 07/25/2012 10:54 AM, Jure Pečar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a customer complaining that when setting up a vacation rule in sieve, not all sendes get a vacation reply.

Indeed I should hope not. Only email sent specifically (To or CC) to the
addresses mentioned in the sieve script should be responded to, and even
then, only if the sender is not a robot.

Also, make sure you run a current libsieve version. Some vacation
related bugs were fixed in libsieve-2.2.9

https://github.com/sodabrew/libsieve/commits/libsieve-2.2

> I'd like to clarify if the bug is in her expectations or somewhere in our setup or in dbmail sieve code, however it is not immediately obvious how sieve works in dbmail.
>
> Where does sieve store its state about which senders it already answered?

dbmail_replycache

> What logging level do I have to set to see what sieve is doing?

You need to set SIEVE_DEBUG=yes in dbmail.conf.

Paul J Stevens pjstevns @ gmail, twitter, skype, linkedin

* Premium Hosting Services and Web Application Consultancy *

www.nfg.nl/info [at] nfg/+31.85.877.99.97