Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users

Missing documentation

DBMail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

claaskaehler at yfx

Missing documentation

Hello everybody,

I'm started to develop a very simple Admintool in php for my own.
But all the documentation is still for DBMail 2.2 and older.
Is it possible to update the documentation, especialy the ER-Model?

Best,
Claas

h.reindl at thelounge

Re: Missing documentation [In reply to]

Am 03.05.2012 16:19, schrieb cl445:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm started to develop a very simple Admintool in php for my own.
> But all the documentation is still for DBMail 2.2 and older.
> Is it possible to update the documentation, especialy the ER-Model?

what exactly are you missing?

i have developed a large dbamil/postfix backend based on dbmail 2.2
in 2009 and it is still working perfect with dbmail3

for administartion you do not need to access messages directly
and the only changes are affecting the way how are messageparts
stored
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

claaskaehler at yfx

Re: Missing documentation [In reply to]

Yes you are right, but i need to access the dbmail_user table and there
are some undocumented fields, eg. the sieve_size fields.

Am 03.05.2012 16:22, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 03.05.2012 16:19, schrieb cl445:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm started to develop a very simple Admintool in php for my own.
>> But all the documentation is still for DBMail 2.2 and older.
>> Is it possible to update the documentation, especialy the ER-Model?
> what exactly are you missing?
>
> i have developed a large dbamil/postfix backend based on dbmail 2.2
> in 2009 and it is still working perfect with dbmail3
>
> for administartion you do not need to access messages directly
> and the only changes are affecting the way how are messageparts
> stored

claaskaehler at yfx

Re: Missing documentation [In reply to]

Okay... no more answers?

Okay, i will get more specefic:

What are the sieves-fields in the dbmail_users table for?
Is it for a quota for the sieve-scripts? Is it independent from the
mailquota? I use sievescripts but the current size is still at 0 Bytes! Is
it a bug?

The domain field, what is it used for? It is automaticly generated from the
user_id. But if you use a username without a domain, the trigger just takes
the username. ???

mysql.jorge at decimal

Re: Missing documentation [In reply to]

> What are the sieves-fields in the dbmail_users table for?
> Is it for a quota for the sieve-scripts? Is it independent from the
> mailquota? I use sievescripts but the current size is still at 0 Bytes!
> Is it a bug?

Not beeing used.

paul at nfg

Re: Missing documentation [In reply to]

On 05/06/2012 12:10 PM, cl445 wrote:

> Okay... no more answers?
>
> Okay, i will get more specefic:
>
> What are the sieves-fields in the dbmail_users table for?
> Is it for a quota for the sieve-scripts? Is it independent from the
> mailquota? I use sievescripts but the current size is still at 0 Bytes! Is
> it a bug?

Those fields can be removed safely. Iirc they are remnants of an old
idea to implement QUOTA on sieve scripts. But that never happened.

> The domain field, what is it used for? It is automaticly generated from the
> user_id. But if you use a username without a domain, the trigger just takes
> the username. ???

There is no domain field. If there is one in your installation, you
created it yourself. Same with the trigger.