Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users
IMAP Proxy in front of DBMail -- GSSAPI, etc password issues

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jhujhiti at adjectivism

IMAP Proxy in front of DBMail -- GSSAPI, etc password issues

Hi list,

I have just set up a Dovecot proxy in front of DBMail. I would like
Dovecot to handle all authentication because I need to use GSSAPI and/or
LDAP credentials. The proxying works great when I use the LDAP password
(authdriver is set to ldap). But of course DBMail can't bind to the LDAP
server with whatever credentials it's being given when I hit Dovecot
with a GSSAPI token.

It seems like what I need is a way for DBMail to accept any password its
given, or a way for Dovecot to send the same password to DBMail for
every login. Neither of these things appear possible right now. What are
my options for getting GSSAPI logins to work with DBMail?

Subject User Time
IMAP Proxy in front of DBMail -- GSSAPI, etc password issues jhujhiti at adjectivism Apr 1, 2012, 1:33 AM
    Re: IMAP Proxy in front of DBMail -- GSSAPI, etc password issues dbmail.dev at fens Apr 4, 2012, 8:29 AM