Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users

DBMail 3.0.2 released

DBMail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

paul at nfg

Mar 11, 2012, 9:01 AM

DBMail 3.0.2 released

h.reindl at thelounge

Mar 11, 2012, 10:15 AM

Re: DBMail 3.0.2 released [In reply to]

great - thank you!

imapd feels even faster as with 3.0.1
pop3 works fine with Outlook 2003/2007/Express and gmail
i will watch for memory usage the next days

tested on the follwoing clients:

* Thunderbird (incl. moving 1000 messages through filters)
* Opera (incl. moving 1000 messages through filters)
* Outlook 2003
* Outlook 2007
* Outlook Express
* Roundcube Mail
* Android K9

some minutes ago production rollout after testings
really cool work!

Regrads
Harry

Am 11.03.2012 17:01, schrieb Paul J Stevens:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce DBMail version 3.0.2, the latest in the new
> stable series.
>
> This is a bugfix only release, focussed mainly at addressing improved
> IMAP compliance and reducing memory leakage. It also includes a small
> but important fix in the POP3 code (bug #951).
>
> Changelog:
> http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/log/?h=dbmail_3_0&id=v3.0.2
>
> Download:
> http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/snapshot/dbmail-3.0.2.tar.gz
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

harald.leithner at itronic

Mar 28, 2012, 2:54 AM

Re: DBMail 3.0.2 released [In reply to]

Hi,

since upgrade to 3.0.2 my Rounmdcube Mail dates are strange, I'm not sure
why but the ordering is wrong if I sort for date.
Harald didn't you have the problem while testing Roundcube?

Regards
Harald

Am 11.03.2012, 18:15 Uhr, schrieb Reindl Harald <h.reindl [at] thelounge>:

> great - thank you!
>
> imapd feels even faster as with 3.0.1
> pop3 works fine with Outlook 2003/2007/Express and gmail
> i will watch for memory usage the next days
>
> tested on the follwoing clients:
>
> * Thunderbird (incl. moving 1000 messages through filters)
> * Opera (incl. moving 1000 messages through filters)
> * Outlook 2003
> * Outlook 2007
> * Outlook Express
> * Roundcube Mail
> * Android K9
>
> some minutes ago production rollout after testings
> really cool work!
>
> Regrads
> Harry
>

> Am 11.03.2012 17:01, schrieb Paul J Stevens:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce DBMail version 3.0.2, the latest in the new
>> stable series.
>>
>> This is a bugfix only release, focussed mainly at addressing improved
>> IMAP compliance and reducing memory leakage. It also includes a small
>> but important fix in the POP3 code (bug #951).
>>
>> Changelog:
>> http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/log/?h=dbmail_3_0&id=v3.0.2
>>
>> Download:
>> http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/snapshot/dbmail-3.0.2.tar.gz

h.reindl at thelounge

Mar 28, 2012, 3:04 AM

Re: DBMail 3.0.2 released [In reply to]

hm - i did not this it so much, means only
some folders if messages are valid including
some attachments

myself does not have many messages on IMAP
usually they are all filtered to local folders
and my inbox(es) are acting as todo-list

however - i wonder if this would only affect roundcube
__________________

my largest sorrow currently is that the header-tables
are not clean by "dbmail-util", even if you truncate
"dbmail_physmessages" - we got rid 30% of our imap
messages in the last weeks and this tables are growing
instead get smaller

dbmail_headervalue ~1,455,510 InnoDB utf8_general_ci 643,8 MiB -
dbmail_header ~1,126,918 InnoDB utf8_general_ci 217,8 MiB

Am 28.03.2012 11:54, schrieb ITronic Harald Leithner:
> Hi,
>
> since upgrade to 3.0.2 my Rounmdcube Mail dates are strange, I'm not sure why but the ordering is wrong if I sort
> for date.
> Harald didn't you have the problem while testing Roundcube?
>
> Regards
> Harald
>
> Am 11.03.2012, 18:15 Uhr, schrieb Reindl Harald <h.reindl [at] thelounge>:
>
>> great - thank you!
>>
>> imapd feels even faster as with 3.0.1
>> pop3 works fine with Outlook 2003/2007/Express and gmail
>> i will watch for memory usage the next days
>>
>> tested on the follwoing clients:
>>
>> * Thunderbird (incl. moving 1000 messages through filters)
>> * Opera (incl. moving 1000 messages through filters)
>> * Outlook 2003
>> * Outlook 2007
>> * Outlook Express
>> * Roundcube Mail
>> * Android K9
>>
>> some minutes ago production rollout after testings
>> really cool work!
>>
>> Regrads
>> Harry
>>

>> Am 11.03.2012 17:01, schrieb Paul J Stevens:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce DBMail version 3.0.2, the latest in the new
>>> stable series.
>>>
>>> This is a bugfix only release, focussed mainly at addressing improved
>>> IMAP compliance and reducing memory leakage. It also includes a small
>>> but important fix in the POP3 code (bug #951).
>>>
>>> Changelog:
>>> http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/log/?h=dbmail_3_0&id=v3.0.2
>>>
>>> Download:
>>> http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/snapshot/dbmail-3.0.2.tar.gz
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

paul at nfg

Mar 28, 2012, 5:30 AM

Re: DBMail 3.0.2 released [In reply to]

On 03/28/2012 11:54 AM, ITronic Harald Leithner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since upgrade to 3.0.2 my Rounmdcube Mail dates are strange, I'm not
> sure why but the ordering is wrong if I sort for date.

The storage of the datefield values as used by date sorting was changed
in 3.0.2 explicitely to fix *searching* by date as tested by imaptest.

- only the day should be stored in the datefield, not the full datetime
- also the date should be corrected for local time when the message was
sent.

however, storage of the sortfield hasn't changed. But maybe I messed up
here...