Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2.

DBMail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

daniel at cwa

Aug 22, 2011, 7:06 AM

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2.

Paul

The output from debug 5 is:

Debug:[delivery] pipe.c,execute_auto_ran(+480): starting auto-reply
procedure

Debug:[sql] dbmysql.c,db_query(+287): query [.SELECT reply_body FROM
dbmail_auto_replies WHERE user_idnr = 4 AND (start_date IS NULL OR
start_date <= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) AND (stop_date IS NULL OR stop_date >=
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)]

Debug:[db] db.c,db_get_reply_body(+1056): found reply_body [TESTING]

Debug:[db] dbmodule.c,db_query(+145): last query took [0] seconds

Debug:[sql] dbmysql.c,db_query(+287): query [.SELECT alias FROM
dbmail_aliases WHERE deliver_to = '4' ORDER BY alias DESC]

Debug:[db] dbmodule.c,db_query(+145): last query took [0] seconds

Info:[message] dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+580):
mail address parser looking at field [To] with value [daniel [at] mydomain]

Debug:[message] dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+598):
mail address parser found [1] email addresses

Info:[message] dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+580):
mail address parser looking at field [Cc] with value [(null)]

Message:[message]
dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+583): mail address
parser error parsing header field

Message:[delivery] pipe.c,send_reply(+382): no valid destination

Debug:[delivery] pipe.c,insert_messages(+684): deliver [0] messages to
external addresses

If it’s any help this is a build ex FreeBSD ports and our gmine is 2.2.10

Regards

Daniel Schütze

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2.17

by Paul J Stevens Aug 22, 2011; 11:33am :: Rate this Message: - Use
ratings to moderate (?)

Reply | Print | View Threaded | Show Only this Message

On 08/22/2011 11:56 AM, Daniel Schütze wrote:

> Message:[message]

> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+583): mail address

> parser error parsing header field

> Message:[delivery] pipe.c,send_reply(+382): no valid destination

Please provide logs at a higher debug level (5). Looks like GMime has

trouble decode the sender's address.

paul at nfg

Aug 22, 2011, 8:09 AM

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2. [In reply to]

On 08/22/2011 04:06 PM, Daniel Schütze wrote:
> Debug:[sql] dbmysql.c,db_query(+287): query [.SELECT alias FROM
> dbmail_aliases WHERE deliver_to = '4' ORDER BY alias DESC]

> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+580): mail address
> parser looking at field [To] with value [daniel [at] mydomain]
> Debug:[message]
> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+598): mail address
> parser found [1] email addresses
> Info:[message]
> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+580): mail
> address parser looking at field [Cc] with value [(null)]
> Message:[message]
> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+583): mail
> address parser error parsing header field
> Message:[delivery] pipe.c,send_reply(+382): no valid destination

So, apparently the message received has 1 To address
(daniel [at] mydomain) and no Cc addresses.

The reply is *only* sent if the message is addressed to a valid address
of the recipient user (4).

In this case: If daniel [at] mydomain is *not* a valid alias for user 4
no reply is sent. This appears to be the case here.

This is different from the old behaviour - which was severely broken and
is now fixed.

daniel at cwa

Aug 22, 2011, 8:54 AM

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2. [In reply to]

Paul

Thank you, that clears that up, we did not have any aliases set up before
(in dbmail_aliases). I’ve added an alias to one account and the auto reply
fires off, unfortunately for me however the reply is from username [at] domain
Is there a way to specify which alias is used for the auto reply using this
system?

We’ve set users up with obscured usernames which they don’t use as e-mail
addresses (as “security” for logging into their accounts).

Regards

Daniel Schütze

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2.

by Paul J Stevens Aug 22, 2011; 04:09pm :: Rate this Message: - Use
ratings to moderate (?)

Reply | Print | View Threaded | Show Only this Message

On 08/22/2011 04:06 PM, Daniel Schütze wrote:

> Debug:[sql] dbmysql.c,db_query(+287): query [SELECT alias FROM

> dbmail_aliases WHERE deliver_to = '4' ORDER BY alias DESC]

> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+580): mail address

> parser looking at field [To] with value [daniel@...]

> Debug:[message]

> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+598): mail address

> parser found [1] email addresses

> Info:[message]

> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+580): mail

> address parser looking at field [Cc] with value [(null)]

> Message:[message]

> dbmail-message.c,dbmail_message_get_header_addresses(+583): mail

> address parser error parsing header field

> Message:[delivery] pipe.c,send_reply(+382): no valid destination

....[show rest of quote]

So, apparently the message received has 1 To address

(daniel@...) and no Cc addresses.

In this case: If daniel@... is *not* a valid alias for user 4

no reply is sent. This appears to be the case here.

This is different from the old behaviour - which was severely broken and

is now fixed.

paul at nfg

Aug 22, 2011, 9:58 AM

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2. [In reply to]

On 08/22/2011 05:54 PM, Daniel Schütze wrote:
> Paul
>

> Thank you, that clears that up, we did not have any aliases set up
> before (in dbmail_aliases). I’ve added an alias to one account and the
> auto reply fires off, unfortunately for me however the reply is from
> username [at] domain Is there a way to specify which alias is used for the
> auto reply using this system?

Mmm.

The From on the reply is currently decided as follows:

- use the Delivered-To header if it exists
- else, use the envelope recipient,
- else, use the POSTMASTER value specified in dbmail.conf

Seems a bit convoluted to me.

Perhaps we should simply use the alias that matched either To or CC...

you might try the attached patch which does just that.

Paul J Stevens pjstevns @ gmail, twitter, skype, linkedin

* Premium Hosting Services and Web Application Consultancy *

www.nfg.nl/info [at] nfg/+31.85.877.99.97
Attachments: 0001-set-the-sender-of-the-auto-reply-message-to-the-reci.patch (2.78 KB)

daniel at cwa

Aug 24, 2011, 9:22 AM

Re: Auto Replies stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.2. [In reply to]

Paul

Thank you very much. I’ve applied the patch and put it live and it worked
fine with my test e-mails.

Daniel Schütze

Paul J Stevens
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:58:35 -0700