Mailing List Archive: DBMail: users

use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd

DBMail users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mysql.jorge at decimal

Sep 15, 2009, 10:46 AM

use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd

Howdy people,

Does anyone has a document on how put postfix delivering messages to dbmail
with dbmail-deliver instead of using LMTPD on both sides?

Thanks in advanced,

Jorge,

tabris at tabris

Sep 15, 2009, 11:57 AM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

Jorge Bastos wrote:

> Howdy people,
>

> Does anyone has a document on how put postfix delivering messages to
> dbmail with dbmail-deliver instead of using LMTPD on both sides?
>
> Thanks in advanced,

Why? I'm not aware of an overwhelming advantage to using LMTP.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.25 KB)

tabris at tabris

Sep 15, 2009, 11:58 AM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

Jorge Bastos wrote:

> Howdy people,
>

> Does anyone has a document on how put postfix delivering messages to
> dbmail with dbmail-deliver instead of using LMTPD on both sides?
>
> Thanks in advanced,

disregard my previous message...

Why? why do you want to use pipe delivery? I'm not aware of an
overwhelming advantage of pipe delivery over LMTP, including my
understanding that LMTP is faster than pipe delivery.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.25 KB)

mysql.jorge at decimal

Sep 15, 2009, 12:00 PM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

> > Does anyone has a document on how put postfix delivering messages to
> > dbmail with dbmail-deliver instead of using LMTPD on both sides?
> >
> > Thanks in advanced,
> >
> Why? I'm not aware of an overwhelming advantage to using LMTP.

I may explained myself wrong,
I'm using LMTPD now, and I'd like to test the deliver using
"dbmail-deliver".

If someone has this configuration I ask if he can share it with me :P

Jorge,

paul at nfg

Sep 15, 2009, 12:15 PM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

docs/README.postfix has it all:

3. Using the Pipe interface (dbmail-deliver)

in /etc/postfix/master.cf add:

dbmail-deliver unix - n n - -
pipe
flags= user=<dbmailuser>:<dbmailgroup>
argv=/usr/local/sbin/dbmail-deliver -d ${recipient} -r
${sender}

where <dbmailuser> and <dbmailgroup> should be the user and
group the
dbmail-deliver program should run as. The ${recipient} and
${sender}
fields are filled in by Postfix.

To send all email to DBMail, add this in /etc/postfix/main.cf

mailbox_transport = dbmail-deliver:

If you want to decide whether or not to send to DBMail per domain,
add this in /etc/postfix/transport:

<domain> dbmail-deliver:

See the section on running Postfix with LMTP if you don't
understand
the transport file.

now run:
# postmap /etc/postfix/transport
# postfix reload

And your mail will be delivered!

Paul Stevens paul at nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl

mysql.jorge at decimal

Sep 15, 2009, 12:16 PM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

> Why? why do you want to use pipe delivery? I'm not aware of an
> overwhelming advantage of pipe delivery over LMTP, including my
> understanding that LMTP is faster than pipe delivery.

There's a problem on LMTPD and until it's fixed I need to get rid of the
consequences of that problem.
For day, there's about 15/20 messages that got lost.

mysql.jorge at decimal

Sep 15, 2009, 12:22 PM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

Ops, dumb me!
I didn't even thinked on going check that, sorry for that.

Checking this, I have one question on this:

> If you want to decide whether or not to send to DBMail per
> domain,
> add this in /etc/postfix/transport:
>
> <domain> dbmail-deliver:

If this needed? I mean, I REALLY have to add a line per domain?
Can I skip that part and stay only with the parts on main.cf & master.cf ?

> docs/README.postfix has it all:
>
> 3. Using the Pipe interface (dbmail-deliver)
>
> in /etc/postfix/master.cf add:
>
> dbmail-deliver unix - n n - -
> pipe
> flags= user=<dbmailuser>:<dbmailgroup>
> argv=/usr/local/sbin/dbmail-deliver -d ${recipient} -r
> ${sender}
>
> where <dbmailuser> and <dbmailgroup> should be the user and
> group the
> dbmail-deliver program should run as. The ${recipient} and
> ${sender}
> fields are filled in by Postfix.
>
> To send all email to DBMail, add this in /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> mailbox_transport = dbmail-deliver:
>
> If you want to decide whether or not to send to DBMail per
> domain,
> add this in /etc/postfix/transport:
>
> <domain> dbmail-deliver:
>
> See the section on running Postfix with LMTP if you don't
> understand
> the transport file.
>
> now run:
> # postmap /etc/postfix/transport
> # postfix reload
>
> And your mail will be delivered!
>

> Jorge Bastos wrote:
> > Howdy people,
> >

> > Does anyone has a document on how put postfix delivering messages to
> > dbmail with dbmail-deliver instead of using LMTPD on both sides?
> >
> > Thanks in advanced,
> >

> > Jorge,

michael.monnerie at is

Sep 15, 2009, 9:31 PM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

On Dienstag 15 September 2009 Jorge Bastos wrote:
> If this needed? I mean, I REALLY have to add a line per domain?
> Can I skip that part and stay only with the parts on main.cf &
> master.cf ?

Jorge, please read each word:

To send all email to DBMail, add this in /etc/postfix/main.cf
mailbox_transport = dbmail-deliver:
If you want to decide whether or not to send to DBMail per domain,
add this in /etc/postfix/transport:
<domain> dbmail-deliver:

Especially the *ALL* and *IF YOU WANT...PER DOMAIN* parts.

mfg zmi
--
// Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc ----- http://it-management.at
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31 .network.your.ideas.

mysql.jorge at decimal

Sep 16, 2009, 1:21 AM

Re: use dbmail-deliver instead of dbmail-lmtpd [In reply to]

> On Dienstag 15 September 2009 Jorge Bastos wrote:
> > If this needed? I mean, I REALLY have to add a line per domain?
> > Can I skip that part and stay only with the parts on main.cf &
> > master.cf ?
>
> Jorge, please read each word:
>
> To send all email to DBMail, add this in /etc/postfix/main.cf
> mailbox_transport = dbmail-deliver:
> If you want to decide whether or not to send to DBMail per domain,
> add this in /etc/postfix/transport:
> <domain> dbmail-deliver:
>
> Especially the *ALL* and *IF YOU WANT...PER DOMAIN* parts.

Thanks you for that Michael!
My English plays some tricks on me, and I didn't understood that part at
first.
Reading it for the second time I understood it :)

Thanks!