Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

RADIUS-Plugin

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

davicalmailin at mailfoo

RADIUS-Plugin

Hi there,

I wrote a Radius-Plugin for our DAViCal-deployment. Is there any
interest, that I somehow contribute it to the project?
It makes use of php5-radius. Before I contribute it, i think some things
have to be cleaned up: eg. correct use of configuration-Variables.
There was one problem I had to work around: We want both authentication
against the Postgresql-Database and Authentication against Radius to be
possible. That worked out of the box for the webinterface, but for
authentication out of the Calender-Client, the enabling of the
RADIUS-Plugin made it impossible to authenticate with Database-Credentials.
So I added some code i found in HTTPAuthSession.php to the plugin, so
that if RADIUS-Authentication fails, the User is checked against the
database additionally. I dont think this is very clean, maybe someone
can state some better way to do it.
I am eager to contribute a clean plugin :)

Best regards

Jan

andrew at morphoss

Re: RADIUS-Plugin [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 15:39 +0200, Jan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I wrote a Radius-Plugin for our DAViCal-deployment. Is there any
> interest, that I somehow contribute it to the project?
> It makes use of php5-radius. Before I contribute it, i think some things
> have to be cleaned up: eg. correct use of configuration-Variables.
> There was one problem I had to work around: We want both authentication
> against the Postgresql-Database and Authentication against Radius to be
> possible. That worked out of the box for the webinterface, but for
> authentication out of the Calender-Client, the enabling of the
> RADIUS-Plugin made it impossible to authenticate with Database-Credentials.
> So I added some code i found in HTTPAuthSession.php to the plugin, so
> that if RADIUS-Authentication fails, the User is checked against the
> database additionally. I dont think this is very clean, maybe someone
> can state some better way to do it.
> I am eager to contribute a clean plugin :)

Hi Jan,

I'm happy to take a look at your plugin and comment/ask questions about
the code. I don't have a radius server to test against, but I can at
least sanity check things.

Cheers,
Andrew.

> Best regards
>
> Jan

Them as has, gets.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

davicalmailin at mailfoo

Jun 21, 2014, 8:39 AM

Re: RADIUS-Plugin [In reply to]

Hi Nikolai,

> Just wondering if this ever got added into the mainstream. I am looking
> at an install that could use either LDAP or RADIUS to auth - I just know
> that the RADIUS server supports the SSHA password hash I plan on
> using :)
I cannot recall what I did last on this, but if you want the plugin,
maybe I just send it to the list next week, but currently I do not have
the time to do anything on it.

Best Regards

Jan