Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Sharing calendars in DaviCAL?

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rdk at krupczak

Sharing calendars in DaviCAL?

Hi!

I've got my davical server set up and (I think) sync'ing properly with
my iphone/ipad/thunderbird clients. I can see events and create them
on one device, they get added, and I can see them on others.

I'm now trying to share calendars with my other users and am
struggling with permissions and visibilty. I've been googling around
and have not found the answer.

I'm user-a.

User-b creates a calendar and adds an entry.

I'd like user-a and user-b to be able to see each other's calendars
and add/delete entries from them.

I have granted all permissions, from each calendar, to the ldap group
that user-a and user-b are in.

However, when I go back to the clients and try to view the other
user's calendar, I cant see them. Web logs dont seem to indicate any
error. I did a select in the database and so that each calendar had
entries.

Suggestions, comments, or pointers?

Thanks,

Bobby

rdk at krupczak

Re: Sharing calendars in DaviCAL? [In reply to]

Hi!

> However, when I go back to the clients and try to view the other
> user's calendar, I cant see them. Web logs dont seem to indicate any
> error. I did a select in the database and so that each calendar had
> entries.

I've dug in the database a bit more and I've observed:

user_a has the same id# for his user and principal.

My other users, that are having problems viewing calendars, have
different id numbers for their principal and user entries.

Is this normal and OK? Or, did something get roached as part of ldap
configuration ?

Thanks,

Bobby