Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Initial log in to web interface fails when using IMAP Authentication (includes workaround / solution)

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

fabian at wenks

Initial log in to web interface fails when using IMAP Authentication (includes workaround / solution)

Hello

I have installed DAViCal 1.0.2 on FreeBSD 7.4 (from the FreeBSD
Ports) with PHP 5.3.10 and PostgreSQL 9.1.3. I have set up IMAP
Authentication based on [1].

[1]
http://wiki.davical.org/w/Configuration/hooks/Authentication/IMAP

Log in to the web interface with the admin user does work. But
when I tried to log in to the web interface with a regular user
account (which exists on the IMAP server, but not yet on the
DAViCal server), the web interface just tells "Invalid username
or password." and the following lines are in the PostgreSQL log
file (sorry for the line warping):

Apr 25 15:24:31 batman postgres[55303]: [2-1] ERROR: column
"modified" is of type timestamp with time zone but expression is
of type boolean at character 143

Apr 25 15:24:31 batman postgres[55303]: [2-2] HINT: You will
need to rewrite or cast the expression.

Apr 25 15:24:31 batman postgres[55303]: [2-3] STATEMENT: INSERT
INTO dav_principal
(username,email,user_active,modified,fullname,type_id,default_privileges)
VALUES('username','username [at] example',TRUE,FALSE,'username',1,cast('000000000001111000000000'
as text)::BIT(24))

I could fix it with the following modification to
inc/drivers_imap_pam.php (only the relevant line out of the 'diff
-u' output, as this line is unique):

- 'modified' => date(),
+ 'modified' => date('c'),

According to [2], this displays the date like this:
2004-02-12T15:19:21+00:00

Also using date('r') does work, and displays the date like this:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:01:07 +0200

[2] http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

bye
Fabian

andrew at morphoss

Re: Initial log in to web interface fails when using IMAP Authentication (includes workaround / solution) [In reply to]

Thanks Fabian,

This fix is in my current tree, but I'm not sure whether it's because
this is the second time I read this e-mail from you, or whether someone
else pointed it out to me :-)

Regards,
Andrew.

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 22:32 +0200, Fabian Wenk wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have installed DAViCal 1.0.2 on FreeBSD 7.4 (from the FreeBSD
> Ports) with PHP 5.3.10 and PostgreSQL 9.1.3. I have set up IMAP
> Authentication based on [1].
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.davical.org/w/Configuration/hooks/Authentication/IMAP
>
> Log in to the web interface with the admin user does work. But
> when I tried to log in to the web interface with a regular user
> account (which exists on the IMAP server, but not yet on the
> DAViCal server), the web interface just tells "Invalid username
> or password." and the following lines are in the PostgreSQL log
> file (sorry for the line warping):
>
> Apr 25 15:24:31 batman postgres[55303]: [2-1] ERROR: column
> "modified" is of type timestamp with time zone but expression is
> of type boolean at character 143
>
> Apr 25 15:24:31 batman postgres[55303]: [2-2] HINT: You will
> need to rewrite or cast the expression.
>
> Apr 25 15:24:31 batman postgres[55303]: [2-3] STATEMENT: INSERT
> INTO dav_principal
> (username,email,user_active,modified,fullname,type_id,default_privileges)
> VALUES('username','username [at] example',TRUE,FALSE,'username',1,cast('000000000001111000000000'
> as text)::BIT(24))
>
> I could fix it with the following modification to
> inc/drivers_imap_pam.php (only the relevant line out of the 'diff
> -u' output, as this line is unique):
>
> - 'modified' => date(),
> + 'modified' => date('c'),
>
> According to [2], this displays the date like this:
> 2004-02-12T15:19:21+00:00
>
> Also using date('r') does work, and displays the date like this:
> Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:01:07 +0200
>
> [2] http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php
>

> bye
> Fabian

The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!