Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

iOS BDAY in CalDAV bug, maybe some movement

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Ingo at envirology

iOS BDAY in CalDAV bug, maybe some movement

Just got this email from Apple:
-------------snip-----------------
Hello Ingo,

This is a follow up to Bug ID# 10866039. After further investigation it has
been determined that this is a known issue, which is currently being
investigated by engineering. This issue has been filed in our bug database
under the original Bug ID# 10897549. The original bug number being used to
track this duplicate issue can be found in the State column, in this format:
Duplicate/OrigBug#.

Thank you for submitting this bug report. We truly appreciate your assistance
in helping us discover and isolate bugs.

Best Regards,

Apple Developer Connection
Worldwide Developer Relations

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE IS UNDER NON-DISCLOSURE

Bug ID #: 10866039
Bug Title: BDAY for contacts one day offset
<GMT15-Feb-2012 03:08:28GMT> Ingo Ratsdorf:
than the iOS Contacts app and is synched incorrectly over CardDAV

Steps to Reproduce: Enter birthday in iPhone contacs app for any contacts.
Open any other contact application and see the birthday there, ie birthday
reminders or sync via CardDAV.

Expected Results: Birthday to be shown as entered.

Actual Results: Birthday a day offset in any 3rd party app, in 3rd party
birthday reminders and also synched as a day later via cardDAV.

Regression:

Notes:

Sent by eGroupware to iPhone via CardDAV:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PRODID:-//EGroupware//NONSGML EGroupware Addressbook 1.8//EN
{..}
BDAY:2001-09-02
END:VCARD

changed some NOTES text and iPhone sends it again to eGroupware:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PRODID:-//EGroupware//NONSGML EGroupware Addressbook 1.8//EN
{..}
BDAY;value=date:2001-09-03
END:VCARD

When the card was submitted, the iPhone still showed 200-09-02 for birthday
and once it saved it and synced it back, Birthday was on 2001-09-03! (Of
course, because that's what it sent)

But why does the iPhone sends the birthday as 2001-09-03???????

And this is repetitive. So EVERY TIME I edit an address on the iPhone, the
birthday shifts another day once it has synched via CardDAV.

I could only imagine that this is a TZ problem and that the iPhone stores the
birthday with a TZ internally but skips it when saving back. I am in
Auckland/NZ, GMT+13.

Funny enough that does not happen when I use activeSync.